Server problemos

Guest Big Time Software

Guest Big Time Software

Hi guys,

We are trying to figure out what has caused our server to lock up last night and tonight. We think it has to do with UBB and the size of this forum, but at the present time have not been able to establish the cause (if any). So keep that in mind if you try visit Battlefront.com and get no response. It means that there are a lot of phonecalls and frantic whacking of keys going on behind the scenes smile.gif

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Hi guys,

We are trying to figure out what has caused our server to lock up last night and tonight. We think it has to do with UBB and the size of this forum, but at the present time have not been able to establish the cause (if any). So keep that in mind if you try visit Battlefront.com and get no response. It means that there are a lot of phonecalls and frantic whacking of keys going on behind the scenes smile.gif

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the update

I'm sure you may well fear a repeat of "The Night of the Refresh Monkeys" as we are all looking for the v1.1 patch.

Perhaps tonight is not the best time to post it?

I say this to be honest, BUT, like EVERYONE else here, I CAN'T wait! smile.gif

-tom w

IMHO it is defintely UBB, it always progresses from the board not responding (battlefront.com webserver accepts the response, but there is no reply back , i.e. I bet its waiting for the UBB CGI to answer back) to the webserver no responding. I blame refresh monkeys and the peng thread! (not necessarily in that order)

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki

did the servers go down at the same time each night? or do i just spend too much time checking?

(no smiley face, i actually DO spend too much time here)

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

I am doing my best to not be a chimp. But it is very hard for me. Maybe if you could just give me a call Steve when it is up. I can go play the AI or something while I wait for the call.

------------------

What do we do with a terrible liar? Well, Great liars we send into the clergy.

Good liars we groom for politics. Moderate liars we supply with sherrif's badges

and guns, and the bad liars, well, we make them heroin whores. So what the hell

do we do with the Terrible Liars? Well, it seems we turn them into physicists

called "chrisl." Peng