Top 10 reason You KNOW You Have Been Playing Too Much CM Demo!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Top 10 Reasons You Know You Have Been Playing Too Much CM Demo:

10). You have started to forget how many sides a 'HEX' has.

9). You find yourself constantly squinting at the Horizon to see if you have a valid Line of Sight.

8). You have discovered a new appreciation for the American M-18 Tank Destroyer.

7). When walking down a hallway you can't help but wonder if somebody has placed an Ambush Marker out in front of you.

6). You keep wanting to change the Camera Angle while your working in Microsoft Word.

5). You find yourself constantly arguing over Order of Battle Drop Down Menus. Couldn't resist wink.gif

4). You keep trying to replay the last minute of your life from different view points.

3). When sending E-mail at work you are surprised when there isn't a reply from FIONN.

2). You can't figure out why there isn't a Blue Line extending out from the front your car when driving to work.

And the number 1 Reason You Know You Have Been Playing TOO MUCH Combat Mission:

Your spouse wakes you up out of a nightmare and asks: "What's a HELLCAT and WHAT did it do to you on turn 10!?!?"

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 11-02-99).]

Guest KwazyDog

Hehehe, thanks for the laugh Matt. Number 7 is my fave smile.gif

Anyone else find that whilst on country dives with the girlfriend you see the landscape from a new tactical stand point smile.gif

My girlfriend is getting the sh*its with me keep asking her how far away she thinks that tree line is smile.gif

Guest Madmatt

Just so everyone doesn't think that I am a slacker, I am working on a new batch of Top Ten's... This time NEW AND IMPROVED WITH GRAMMER AND SPELL CHECKING!!! Woohoo

Madmatt out....and down for the count! wink.gif

• 11 months later...

Yup, the good old beta demo was the best. Remember the agony of losing the 88s on R...nospoiler... when they fired too soon, because the code for ambushing hadn't been perfected? And watching your tiger take hit after hit from those M18s, sighing each time the shell broke up?

I think I liked this board better before the full version or the gold demo had been released. Everyone on the board was a grognard, and every topic turned into a discussion of muzzle velocities and trajectories.

AFAIK, I was the last person on this board to have the beta demo but not the full version. Got it now though, but I'll still play the beta, just for the nostaligia.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

11. When you wonder who did the textures for the trees and sky outside your house and wish they'd send them to Madmatt.

12. When you see little "Knocked-Out" labels floating above the cars at the local garage.

13. When you wonder how many shots from a M7B1 Priest to knock down those annoying toll booths.

14. When you refer to getting your walls re-wallpapered as getting new textures for your house.

Fionn acts like it is such a chore to post here smile.gif Anyways great stuff guys I got a guy at work to play the demo so he should soon experience all the above. Later

#15. Your horoscope says that you will meet the love of your life in a chance encounter and you wonder how your parents will warm up to your new girlfriend...STUGIII.

------------------

Sir are you sure you want to go to red alert...it would mean changing the bulb

-Priest

[This message has been edited by Priest (edited 10-17-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Priest (edited 10-17-2000).]

17) You think your driveway would make a great anti-tank ambush give a couple of 'faust teams and a LMG 42.

18) You threw out your back through repetitive motion.

WWB

When you analyze the road to your house, plotting the best way to defend it from an invading armored patrol. I have the fields of fire for the 57mm AT gun and pair of zooks all set up. Given these and a platoon of infantry, I could hold off an army. Of course, I'm going to set up in the map editor.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska