Time for shipping

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Pre-ordered? Do you mean pre-ordered CM or ordered another Battlefront.com game that is already out?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gen. Sosaboski:

OB&G: Pre-ordered CM.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CM won't be released to late May. I ordered Tac Ops from Battlefront and it took about 6 working days. I would expect the same for CM so add about 5-7 working days from the final release date, not to be confused with the release of the gold demo since the game still has to be mastered onto CD's at that point. I hope those of use who pre-ordered a year ago will be taken care of first wink.gif

Allan

[This message has been edited by Allan (edited 04-22-2000).]

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Well, I would think ALL pre-orders would go out at the same time no matter when the order was placed. As far as how long it would take to ship to you is entirely dependant on where you live and how efficient the carrier is.

OB&G,

I personally expect that all orders will be filled in chronological order.

In other words, those who ordered first get the game first. Since it is quite conceivable that it will take a few days for the shipping company to get through all the orders which have already been made I would expect those who have already pre-ordered to get their games a day or two earlier than those who only ordered recently.

IMO this is quite correct (although I'd like to point out that I hope ALPHA testers get the game shipped to them before anyone else (including BETA testers wink.gif ).

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

I don't wanna sound pessimistic on the number of orders, but how many, in your opinion, do you think have been made? CM, being of course, a strictly "on-line" game?

No offense to anybody, just curious on how the actual marketing of this game has gone.

And another question, just how long does it take to package and ship a copy? It seems to me that this would be automated to some extent. You know, packaging hundreds by the hour with "assembly line" machines.

Being in Maine, I hope I get my copy a day or two after they leave the company. I paid Maine sales tax, so I assume the discs are shipped from Maine (Steve lives in Maine).

For $2.48 I think I deserve a little bonus.

BTS will be using a shipping company from everything I've heard.

i suppose beta testers ( and especially one beloved Alpha Tester wink.gif whose name is NOT Martin) might get their CDs via BTS directly but I doubt it.

I figure everyone will be getting their CDs from whatever shipping company BTS is using.