I hate Shermans.

Okay... I put my Sherman in a position to get a shot at a Panther's SIDE armor.. When the opporutnity came my Sherman went into FULL reverse, took a wild shot and popped smoke! The whole time the Panther shot at a bazooka squad. IT NEVER SAW MY SHERMAN!

Fer...ding...blasted..STUPID Sherman!!!!

I hate the americans. I hate them.

Rant over.

Jeff

Don't give me that. My dumbass Panther saw your Sherman and then had an epileptic fit deciding which was the bigger threat, an M4A3(76) at 500m or a bazooka at 30,000,000km.

------------------

Did someone compare this to the Ealing comedies? I've shot people for less.

-David Edelstein

LOL, what do you expect from a bunch of poor sobs in a metal coffin? Fight something they'd most probobly miss a shot on, and get blown to fiery bits or back off?

Usually, only the Veterans + do not back off from thse sort of "suicidal" orders. Lower rank troops have their own meaning of suicidal which includes marching, sleeping without pillows, and pulling the trigger of a gun.

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

You've played him before? That's odd, he sure plays like it's only his second game.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All talk... Considering I am wiping the proverbial floor with you one would think that you would pay more respect. wink.gif

Jeff

Sounds like one hell of a game. Who's winning?

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

Sounds like one hell of a game. Who's winning?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be honest it think I have a slight edge. Even though I did finally lose that Sherman in a spectacular exchange of gun fire. I broke 4 shells off the Panthers turret before succumbing to a turret hit. But I don't care it was great to watch.

So far we are batttling it out on my left flank. I have dedicated 2 platoons for the defense with some support units and Elijah has thrown now less than 4 platoons into the woods attacking me. If I can wipe out one more platoon I can live with the exchange.

But lets nor forget the 5 burning viehicles of Elijah's. 3 pumas, 1 SPA, and 1 jadgpanther. I also kicked around that panther so they are beat up but still operational.

I have lost only 2 tanks abd about 50 men I would geuss.

Jeff

[This message has been edited by Shandorf (edited 10-04-2000).]

That explains why Shandorf has just blasted one of my StugIIIs with an M36B1, he does not like Shermans.

But his Sherman in the rear on the first turn of the game, clear across the map, must of been over 750 meters, killed my Ps234/3 with one shot, not 10 seconds into the battle.

Also, this guy has some crack or elite sniper somewhere, or maybes its a .50 cal, but it keeps my Tigers buttoned up on the dominating crest.

This is a worthy American opponent. We have just started, and my Germanic assault is concerned already about this "American" who "Hates Shermans".

Bahh. He loves Shermans.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mannheim Tanker:

I don't know about Shermans, but I'm really starting to hate Tank Dawg's zooks. frown.gif My Pumas are like the proverbial Star Trek "Red Shirts"...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, Sherms never have their gun damaged, they explode instead rolleyes.gif

I recently played a PBEM Chambois as the US (and managed a major victory, I am proud of it... smile.gif ), and by turn 5 there was a series of large fireballs, t'was my Sherms encountering the 2nd PzDiv ! One of them had a full squad embarked, after smoke cleared there wasn't *ONE* survivor !!!

Ok, as long as this thread as started to drift off topic, let me say...ahem...

I never much cared for SHERMAN Hemsley either. He too, was small, lacked in puch, and tended to explode (albeit emotionally) at the drop of a hat. Although, the cry of "Wheezie!" did bring fear into many hearts.

There....I feel better now...really, i do. wink.gif

------------------

"Do not needlessly endanger your lives until I give you the signal"

Dwight D. Eisenhower