(newbie) Is this a good game to buy?

Hi, I was referenced here by someone by the name of cappy-r, I think. I downloaded the demo and was in awe. I really like this game and will buy it. I just need some feedback on what people think, if the full version is worth it. I also wouldn't mind, if with the demo, or the full when I get it someone could help train me(I would consider my self a good player just that this game is different from all the games I have played). I also wouldn't mind a good multiplayer game, I need some practice.

If you liked the demo you will love the full version. The Quick battles option which enables to you generate random battles with your forces picked by the computer or by you adds a great deal of replay-ability to the game.

Spend the money and enjoy. It only took 6 days for my copy to arrive.

I've had the game for months and I've barely scratched the surface of the packaged scenarios - and there are scads more of them designed by the people here. The only reason you might not want to buy CM, is if you would prefer to have some semblance of a life. =)

David

------------------

They lost all of their equipment and had to swim in under machine gun fire. As they struggled in the water, Gardner heard somebody say, "Perhaps we're intruding, this seems to be a private beach."

Yes! buy the game. buy it now. take out your credit card and buy it! ohmygodyouhavetogetthefullversion! You are right - this game is different from all other wargames. it is the only one worth playing now. really. dont read any more of this just go to the page where you buy it and buy it. well, what are you reading this for? scoot! get a move on what are you waiting for? GO GO GO!

Cheers

Peng

unless you have certain voodoo cards.

some 3dfx cards do not work well with this game. a strange whiteout effect takes place.

if i would have known there was no fix for this yet, i would not have ordered it last week.

if you have a card that works, it's the best game out there at the moment. get it.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IRONSIDES:

I played the demo and had no problems. I have a voodoo3 2000PCI, will the full version give me problems?

[This message has been edited by IRONSIDES (edited 09-17-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the demo ran fine then I think you should be OK.

------------------

"You know our standing orders. Out of ammo become a bunker, out of commission become a pillbox, out of time... become heroes." - The Beast

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IRONSIDES:

I have a voodoo3 2000PCI, will the full version give me problems?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a Voodoo 3 2000pci. Had some problems with full smoke effects until I d/l the latest voodoo drivers--problem solved--great game..Even on my lowly P266mhz with 94m RAM the game is awesome.

------------------

Land Soft--Kill Quiet

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Airborne:

Had some problems with full smoke effects

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But there also is a more compatible setting as well that does nothing to affect game play,

------------------

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers"

-- King Henry VI, Part II, Act 4, sc.2, l.86

I have a Voodoo 2 1000 PCI, attached to an AMD 380 mhz, and 80 mb of ram. I get SLOWDOWN on the LARGE maps, but it's still playable... small and medium maps give me no problems. I can't use the transparent smoke, but FAST smoke works great. No other graphical problems.

I loved the DEMO and love the full game even more. As has already been said, the packaged scenarios alone will give you months of enjoyment, and the Quick Battles make replay value nearly limitless.

It also has many of us "newbies" reading every WWII book we can get our hands on.

GET IT NOW!

In all honesty, I think why some people are a little skeptical about buying CM is because the way it is marketed, ie. via the Internet. But the answer to that is very simple. Read the Battlefront.com Manifesto which is located here.

When in fact, most retail store-bought games are a bunch of crap that the big software companies push out the door for a cheap buck.

------------------

All that sleeps, awakens...

All that awakens, hungers...

All that hungers, feeds...

I have to agree with Maximus. When I first read about CM in a game magazine... after the RAVING about how great CM was... the mag noted that it was only available online.

Stupidly, I went "aw nuts!" and forgot about it.

Luckily, the next day I found my way to the website via a FORUM for another PC game, and d/loaded the demo...

So is the Voodoo 3 3000 the culprit? That is the card I was planning on buying to upgrade from my Voodoo 2...

It seems Voodoo 3 2000 cards seem to work w/o the white out effect.

Also, is it only during HUGE games that the effect happens, or do you get it with any type of game?

Yeah, I would like to know too. I have heard that the 2000 is fine but 3000 gets the problems. I just realised I don't have a Visa or Mastercard....DOOOOOHHHHH!!! Just gonna take me about a month to get it via check...maybe but hopefully I'll get it faster. smile.gif I can't believe Voodoo has problems. I have played around 100 different 99' and 00' games and have never ever had any problems. I have 400mhz CPU with 60MBRAM and 16MB Voodoo2000PCI if that helps anyone on my dilema with the Voodoo and CM

Guest MantaRay

I only read the first post, but YES, get this game now, do not delay, buy 2 or 3 and you will find not only a great game, but endless support, and if you were in awe of the demo....wait till you get to play some of the other kick-ass units and vehicles! This is truly a game that deserves to be on EVERYONE's hard drive.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

New CM Site. In process of switching. Brought to you by Hardcore Gamers Daily

Hardcore Gamers Daily

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fuerte:

No, there are two, CM and Steel Panthers: World At War.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In that case, make it three, mustn't forget The Operational Art of War (1 and 2).

I think CM and TOAW compliment eachother in a beautiful way.

In TOAW you see the grand scale of it, usually at brigade-division level. And in CM you get close and personal, from battalion-level on down.