Patch applied, game screen still shows Ver. 1?

Guest Bad Ju Ju

Guest Bad Ju Ju

Hum...Downloaded patch, applied, but when I fire up CM the opening screen still says version 1.0. What gives?

Guest Madmatt

You patch the demo or the CD version?

You apply the patch to the correct folder?

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

Guest Bad Ju Ju

Full game and yes I believe I applied it to the right folder, i.e., the main folder where the CM exe file is located.

The patch creates new folders in the cmbo, BMP, WAV, folders. The new ones are cm "v1.01 update" in the above folders. The files located in these folders have to be placed in the originals. If you are not asked to replace the old files (this was how I found out I had not patched the existing files)you did not patch correctly.

Cya

Coop

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pcelt:

Bad Ju Ju

Try deleting the old exe file before installing the new one.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also don't COPY the EXE file into your folder MOVE it in. COPYing in the EXE will only make a short cut to the new exe file and not overwrite the old exe.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SK Fish:

Also don't COPY the EXE file into your folder MOVE it in. COPYing in the EXE will only make a short cut to the new exe file and not overwrite the old exe.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In Windows 9x, this is not exactly a correct statement. If you truly "copy" the file, it will always ask if you want to replace the destination file if one exists with the same name. I think what you are referring to is if you use the Left Mouse Button to drag-drop a .EXE file from one folder to the next, then yes, the default action Windows takes is to 'create a shortcut'. If you hold the CTRL key down when dragging-dropping, it always copies the file. If you hold the SHIFT key down, it always moves the file.

It's easy to get confused what Windows does. Thus, when using Windows Explorer, always use the Right Mouse Button when dragging-dropping files. This gives you a pop-up menu when dropping the file and you can select, Copy-Move-Create Shortcut, and there is no question as to what operation you are doing.

[This message has been edited by Hemo2 (edited 06-29-2000).]