Any news about CM2 date of release ?

Guest Germanboy

I would suspect that the ETA is 'When its ready'.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 10-27-2000).]

Even if they use the cm1 engine (are they?) doing all the russian tanks/units will take an age. Plus they want to change things quite a bit to take into account the poor russian communications and command. Plus I suspect there are a ton of improvements they wish to add now that cm1 has been out and thoughly tested by us all. I'd expect an demo maybe late next year at best. Not knowing **** all as I do smile.gif

I think Steve mentioned that they were hoping to have it out within a year. So - assuming things go the way they're hoped to - you may see a demo next summer and the game in the Fall of 2001.

If things go as they normally do in game developement, it may be Spring of 2002, but no one really has an exact guess at this moment since no code has been written for CM2 as of yet (though KwazyDog and other contributors are gathering the requisite info for CM2 as we type).

[This message has been edited by Schrullenhaft (edited 10-27-2000).]

We post no game, before it's fame. Yeah, I want it also, but I'm more in favor of BTS keeping to it's original effort on quality and integrity than any shift in priorities which could have unforseen consequences. I'm so absorbed by CM1, that I've taken all the other games off the HD, and can only imagine one potential competitor for my gaming time in the near future, Silent Hunter 2. A totally different genre for which the basic elementals seem to relax me. Otherwise, I figure to defend the the Rhine until CM2 comes out. Whereupon, I'm anxiously await an opportunity to launch my little cybergrenadiers into Stalingrad.

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno Weiss