What scenario will you do when you get CM?

Guest PeterNZ

I agree, super idea!

I've been tempted to think of some New Zealand scenarios and imortalise our vets in some kinda small way. I know New Zealand soldier fought bravely in many places in ww2, including italy (for a monestary or something?) as well as on crete where Germ paras came in, (how's about that for random deployments! That would be interesting!).. i dunno, i'd like to do it but have no clue hehe smile.gif .. so yes, good idea above.

PeterNZ

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aacooper:

I'll start in on fictionalized battles over areas I live in or used to live in. Fight for the Back Bay, anyone?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As if the Jerries would ever make it alive through Southie!! biggrin.gif

Reminds me of the scene from Casablanca --

Heinze: Can you imagine us in London

Rick: When you get there, ask me.

Strasser: How about New York?

Rick: There are certain sections of New York, Major, that I would not advise you to try to invade.

Ethan

------------------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

along with the american indian troops... But I wouldn't use that as a claim for victory. The "green devils" Handed the allies butts to them on that hill. Yes they finally took it. But it cost them alot.

Lorak

------------------

-------------------------

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. Without my rifle I am useless. Without me, my rifle is useless...

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Guest gyrene251

I plan on designing several scenarios involving the 70th Infantry Division. Examples will be Oeting Raids, Feb 1945; Spicheren Heights, Feb 1945; Wingen, Jan 1945. For Wingen, it's the untried 2nd Bn. 274th Inf vs the 12th Reg, 6th SS Mtn Div (Nord). This will be untried units vs seasoned combat soldiers of the SS. Historically, the 2nd Bn/274th defeated the 6th SS in this town and earned a Presidential Unit Citation!

I'd like to try a battle in southern Bavaria,that never happened. The "Eagles Nest" (Hitlers mountain retreat) in Bertchestgarten was connected to a series of bunkers and fortifications set up for retreating Germans, for thier last stand. I think the 101 Airborne was responsible for mopping up the area. You can take a tour of the unfinished bunkers today, under the General Patton Hotel. Just wondering how the elevation of the scenerio editor would work?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by freelancal:

I'd like to try a battle in southern Bavaria,that never happened. The "Eagles Nest" (Hitlers mountain retreat) in Bertchestgarten was connected to a series of bunkers and fortifications set up for retreating Germans, for thier last stand. I think the 101 Airborne was responsible for mopping up the area. You can take a tour of the unfinished bunkers today, under the General Patton Hotel. Just wondering how the elevation of the scenerio editor would work?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I once bicycled to Berchtesgaden from Salzburg. That road is f***ing steep. Cobblestones too.

Ethan

------------------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

There is in existence a fictional scenario about the taking of the Eagle's Nest. I won't say more, will leave it up to the author.

Rune

Guest kip anderson

Hi,

I will go straight to the editor and build a Battle of the Bulge scenario based around the village of Stoumont involving Peiper. I have walked the battlefield at the time of year the battle happened,great place but glad I missed the real thing!

All the best,

Kip.

PS the ASL Historical Scenarios covering the Peiper battles are very accurate and could be used as a model.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

I once bicycled to Berchtesgaden from Salzburg. That road is f***ing steep. Cobblestones too.

Ethan

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man! What a bike ride. We lost our brakes in a car on the way down from the hotel. Had to bail out halfway down, ditch the car and get a farmer with a tractor to get us back to town.

My first scenario?...I am in command of an isolated detachment of british soldiers desperately holding off wave after wave of fanatical Zulu warriors determined to....what? wrong war!...Ok, Wait a minute (shuffle,shuffle)...Ok, I am in command of the Rough riders as we storm up San Juan hill in the face of....Your kidding....How about I'm crossing the Delaware river to surprise the Hessians at Trenton...No!...Wireless ridge?...Golan heights?...Battle of 73 Easting?.....OH NEVERMIND!

Actually, you could probably fudge a few pre-1944 Battles. Italy wouldn't be too difficult to model. Neither would Dieppe (of course, many of the beaches would be very short battles, but, the South Saskatchewan Battalion managed to press pretty far inshore, until it encountered a line of Pillboxes and were wondering where their tank support was)

Hello!

I've been working on two right now(homework,

that is,OB's aerial photots,maps)The U.S.

Airborne in the Cotentin,esp.the causeway fights near Carentan,Von der Heydte's counterattack at Ste.Come du Mont

and Aachen,wich seems to have all the elements of a good scenario:a City fight,

Lots of tanks,SS,Direct firing SPA guns(used

for "reducing" huge buildings)and large hills