Do men ruin relationships for CM?

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moonpie:

wo-men?

Oh...I think I have heard of them. The ones with the long hair and the two big bumps on thier chests.

smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and with absolutely no balls!

Sorry, just couldn't pass that one up.

I'm for Womens' Equality, if they act like a bitch then they're going to be treated like a bitch. Same thing goes for male *assholes*. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

"Fear is the path to the Dark Side.

Fear leads to anger.

Anger leads to hate.

Hate leads to suffering."

--Jedi Master Yoda

Guest GriffinCheng

Well, this kind of question has been popping out in the flight-sim newsgroup from time-to-time. But our problem is worse: flying requires constant computer upgrades and they are usually too "high-profle" to go un-noticed. biggrin.gif AFAIK, casualities are high for flying addicts.

Well, I am going totally off-topic here since there is no such thing as "relationship" exist for me. It comes to me that it is not the question of whether CM, or wargaming in general, breaks relationships, rather, whether CM prevents one from making any relationship afterall. frown.gif

Griffin @ lunch.

Compromize, compromize, compromize again.

Or if you are lucky you have a pair of handcuff to tie her in the kitchen with a scarff in her mouth and voilà.

Seriously, my wife is not into wargaming at all, she just can't understand the fun we have doing it. It's just fine. She even aks me sometimes if I win or lose. Perfect wife.

On the other hand I know that if I play too much she won't be happy at all. What we promised each other is that if one is plays too much and forget the other we'll tell each other and work it out. It's the best way. wink.gif

Happy playing biggrin.gif

------------------

Veni, vidi, vici

Julius Caesar

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Agrow:

I just want to take a poll on how many of you men/ or women if any... maybe not for CM only, but for any wargame that is the latest craze.. end up having serious issues with their wives / girlfriends because they spend more time with the game then they do with their spouse.

And if so why do you invest so much of your time in games and WWII history? What do you get in return?

Should Wargaming have its own group meetings like Alcoholic's Anonymous?

If you don't want to post your responses on here, write to my email agrow@hotmail.com.

I am trying to figure out what the big deal is. I could understand if CM had Double D breasts, was 6 foot and blonde, but let's face it.. it seems pretty dull to me to ruin a relationship over.

Now some couples have problems period, but I am just referring to those of u whose major problems revolve around an addiction to Wargaming.

What do u think causes it?

What are u willing to give up to play ur Wargames?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those couples need to incorporate wargames into the rest of their lives. For example, my s/o likes to play "Prisoner of War". I get to blindfold him, bind him hand and foot and torture his body till he cries for mercy. If I choose to let him loose, he has to demonstrate his gratitude in a multitude of ways.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SheWolf:

Those couples need to incorporate wargames into the rest of their lives. For example, my s/o likes to play "Prisoner of War". I get to blindfold him, bind him hand and foot and torture his body till he cries for mercy. If I choose to let him loose, he has to demonstrate his gratitude in a multitude of ways.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly what do you mean by 'torture' wink.gif

Please elaborate in detail

[This message has been edited by Black Sabot (edited 04-20-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mch:

Girlfreinds,S/O's,etc..and Computer games?

that's nothin'.......

Board Wargames and Housepets.....

THAT'S A PROBLEM!!!!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll say! There's this attraction that cats have for counters and dice that just happen to lie around on that table they're not supposed to jump violently on. And stuff.

As for girls: I really wouldn't be able to give her the attention she'd probably deserve. And if someone happens to come along (I'm damn choosy) I'll make very sure she knows what she's getting into: If you check my hobbies you'll find that most of my hobbies involve only 1 person: me. Even the 'sleeping' part. I just happen to like sleeping, OK! smile.gif

------------------

Juju

My wife doesn't quite understand my love of computer games but we don't have any problems because:

1. It's better than going out drinking with my friends

2. It keeps me at home and easy to locate

3. I've learned how to talk to her with my right brain and play with my left (we should have a ladder just for people like me)

4. She knows when she married me that she was getting a total package and she took me as I am!

So to the women out there:

If your s/o doesn't cheat on you, buys you presents once in a while, compliments you every day, and put the toilet seat down, don't worry about some computer gaming because you could do alot worse!

Of course if I was forced to choose I'm afraid I'd have to choose my wife (oh well, there goes my full member status).

Guest Big Time Software

OK... 'bout time I closed this one up. No need to clutter up our server's hard drive any more than it already is wink.gif

Steve