Magua's Building mods

Hi, thanks for your all your interest !

I hope to get the set of structures up to a usable state today (church, bridge and pavements still to do) and hopefully send them to McAuliffe sometime Sunday.

However remember the textures are "work in progress" and need further refining (some don't have doors yet!). I've made them to fit in with toned down colour schemes so they may look out of place if used with the brighter grass mods. I've also been working on the other textures but the quality at present is variable (the trees being the weakest link).

Cheers Magua

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Magua:

Hi, thanks for your all your interest !

I hope to get the set of structures up to a usable state today (church, bridge and pavements still to do) and hopefully send them to McAuliffe sometime Sunday.

However remember the textures are "work in progress" and need further refining (some don't have doors yet!). I've made them to fit in with toned down colour schemes so they may look out of place if used with the brighter grass mods. I've also been working on the other textures but the quality at present is variable (the trees being the weakest link).

Cheers Magua

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

GREEAT!

Thanks for the update.

I assume then that you have Gunslinger's toned down mods?

smile.gif

-tom w

Thanks Tom I have been using Gunslingers great mod as my standard game graphics since it was released but then I started experimenting with the trees, then the soldiers...then I had to change the grass to go with the trees...then the buildings and the skies to go with the grass....

I still use Gunslingers vehicles as I love the crisp look his mod gives some of that armor.

This is all stuff I have been working on for fun (rather than a serious mod effort. I had intended to put the textures on a web site of my own so people could help their selves too what they liked, and ignore what they didn`t. This includes just about everything except vehicles so far. I didn't want to release the textures as an official mod as some of it is pretty poor,and may never get finished (by me anyway!)

I have been very surprised (and pleased! thanks again for your encouragement)at the interest those screenshots generated and I just hope everyone is not disappointed when they see the rest of my stuff.

I'll add my voice to the chorus of encouragement, Magua. Here's a quetion...

Will the building mods be availble by themselves, without the other textures? I love the buildings, and also use Gunslinger's terrain mods. I may end up switching to yours later, but for now they are an unknown ( for me) so I'm thinking to start by putting your buildings in Gunslinger's terrain.

Cheers,

OGSF

Hi Maxx, yeah that's the guy! Im interested in 18th century history, especially of colonial/Revolutionary America & Canada. I really liked the Michael Mann film of a few years back !

OGSF I'm not entirely sure how the buildings will look with Gunslingers mod. I made the buildings to fit in with the rest of my terrain which has a quite toned down colour scheme. If they are liked I'll start releasing more terrain to go with them and periodically update the textures as I find better reference material.