MY sharpshooters suck!

I have had success with a sniper in an assault. I used him on the flank of an infantry platoon, about 100 m out to the right and maybe 50m ahead of the platoon. I'd move him to a safe area in a woods, then

the platoon would come in. As the enemy units re-positioned, any that came near him took fire, and dropped where they were. This gave the platoon an easy assault, since the sniper was protecting the flank. By the time the opponent figured it out and could move to attack him, the first squads were retreating, and they came under fire from the platoon. And then he started popping the guys who were retreating.

I ended up capturing a lot of guys from the German company that they dealt with. The sniper eventually opened up on a Tiger and an assault gun, conning them into moving into a zone of fire, but taking one casualty in the process. Both tanks died from flank shots at close range from an M-10.

So snipers can be useful.

Fear not oh you who doubt the sniper! Yes, I too doubted their power but low, I am a believer. After having played every scenario and op. in CM (some as both sides) and having not seen much done by snipers at last one earned his schnaps ration. While playing Op Carentan (my favorite) for the third time I had a FJ sniper take out a US 3-man mg team in the open in one turn. Well done! Ok , so it took me 150 to 200 games to get a good kill, you can't say it doesn't happen! wink.gif

------------------

I'm sorry, we haven't the

facilities to take all of you prisoner. Was there anything else?