CM will ship with a box??

I know of course that when one orders CM that it will ship with the manual and the CD, but, will there be a box with stuff in it containing the manual and the CD? By a "box" I mean, not a shipping box, but a box containing the game with a cover on the front and text and pictures and the back?

Well actually that is a good question since the manual is so big. But I would imagine that the game will probably be shipped in one of those sealed padded envelopes, UPS friendly of course. smile.gif

------------------

"The greatest risk...is not taking one."

No, no printed game box like you see at the shop. They cost a lot to

make and print and Steve and Charles would rather put the money towards

funding work on CM2. smile.gif

I just want the package to be well padded so those Post Office workers

don't put even a scratch on my manual or CD case. smile.gif

Guest Scott Clinton

Boxes are used to SELL games that are displayed on shelves...not needed for CM.

I for one do NOT want to pay BTS another $5.00 for a box. No thank you. smile.gif

But, I can make a nice box for anyone that REALLY wants one for $5.00 plus S&H... wink.gif

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

Guest Big Time Software

Scott, you also forgot about the extra $3 in S&H to cover the costs of more packaging and higher freight smile.gif Yeah, those glitzy things you see in the store are really expensive. At Sierra we spent $60k just to DESIGN one. Obviously it doesn't need to cost that much, but you get the idea. Then the cost per box is anywhere between (roughly) $1 for a flimsy thing that something like MS Office comes in or up to about $5 if it has fancy features on it (embosed text, flaps, ect.)

Boxes are a necessary Evil for retail sales, but just plain Evil for direct sales.

Steve

Yes box covers are Evil. Boxes take up shelf space. The bigger the box the more space is used up. frown.gif

How many trees were cut down to provide the evil box? mad.gif

All the games I bought I removed them from thier evil box and only return the manule and CD to the evil box when I have no interest playing the game.

We don' neeeeeed no steeeennnkinnng boxes, man......

But try not to pop ALL of the bubble wrap that you use for your shipping this time, Steve.

OK, just joking....although I do know of some people who can't resist popping all the bubbles. wink.gif

Hmmm...I invisioned the heavens opening up and a multitude of angels descending with copies of CM for all the faithful.

Oh well, maybe if i squint hard enough i can picture a halo above the UPS guy.

------------------

"I do like to see the arms and legs fly"

What about us Aussies?

A case of great white bird bring'um bang bang game?!

I know what's gonna happen, the postie won't be able to fit the parcel in my letter box so all i'll get is a little note telling me my parcel is ready for collection at the depot. So near but so far!!

Personally, I hate boxes, espeically those games with a large box just to contain a cd jewel box plus a tissue-thick "manual". I call this "over-packaging". I am glad to hear that BTS is not shipping any boxes.

OTOH, publishers in Taiwan uses much smaller boxes for their games right now, around 25 to 50 % smaller than regular game boxes, I think it is a good practise.

BTW, BTS, how much did it costs you to have boxexs back in AH days?

Griffin @ lunch

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(

Guest Big Time Software

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>although I do know of some people who can't resist popping all the bubbles. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, so you've met my wife smile.gif Man, is that annoying or WHAT? OK, sure, when I was a kid I loved to do it, but darn it all, it is something that you should grow out of redface.gif

Yes, Priority Mail for domestic US, 1st Class Airmail for the rest of you. Generally it takes around 10 days to reach you nuts Down Under wink.gif

Steve

if BTS pleases, they can wrap up the game in some newspaper... wink.gif it doesnt really matter, at last as i get it before the side effects of not getting the game kill me biggrin.gif

(you know ... i used to start on this board at 130kilos... i gues now i have about 110... tendency to drop further... you wont hold your weight, if you refuse to eat in fear you could overhear the postman.. biggrin.gif )

if i die before i get the game, please put the cds into a notebook cdrom, and burry the whole notebook (WITH CHARGED AKKUS OF COURSE) with me... that way i could have some games of CM while waiting for judgement day!

wink.gif

anybody up for a PBEM then.. guess i will have masses of time down there... just don't forget to burry a powerline and an internet connection too tongue.gif

------------------

-- TargetDrone

who doesn't want to draw attention...

especially from guys with big guns ...