Newbie Checking In

Four Stringer

Well, I just took the plunge and ordered TacOps 4 ($25 is relatively cheap, but the time spent playing will cost me w/the wife). I've been a long time CM player and always meant to check out TacOps. I finally downloaded the demo Monday evening, buzzed through the tutorial and was hooked. I can't wait for the full version to arrive.

Once I'm done dealing w/the AI, I'm sure I'll be getting whooped on by y'all (and hopefully dealing out a bit myself).

Cheers!

Hey, me too. :D I came over from Strategic Command. It's a great game, don't get me wrong, but I'm looking for something more modern to play also. For sure the scales are vastly different but it's nice to change up now and then. I haven't ordered TacOps4 yet, but I'm just getting into the demo and enjoying it.

I second Four Stringer's words, redwolf. That was a great review and helped whet my appetite for the game. First, I need some practice against the AI.

I also have Strat Cmd purchased recently. I have been a [very] long time TacOps player.

I think you will find an almost complete lack of "gameyness" in TacOps. You do all the command and maneuver. No tricks or gambits ... just good tough fights.

Note: I do not mean downgrade StratCmd at all as I love that game too. I just want to point out differing game philosophies. I am sure you will have a blast.