Easter Sunday CPX Recruiting

Rattler

Hi, Folks!

We still could accomodate 2-3 more players for the multiplayer net Easter Sunday CPX to be held on IRC, 1600 GMT.

The CPX features a small BLUE Cav Task Force (2 coys- M2 + 2 coys M1s, attached engineers) with a functioning IVIS installed, supported by Cobras, plenty of Arty and Rocket Arty, UAVs, Satellite Imagery, CBR and under Air Superiority attacking over map 780 to take the town and airport in the SW.

Those objectives are defended by an oppenent much superior in numbers (2MR BNs+ 1 Tank BN, plenty of arty) but technologically inferior (few thermals, sluggish comms) in an obstacle rich environment.

So far following players have signed up (in no special order):

BLUE:

- Kenneth Chan <khwchan888@hotmail.com>

- Matt Fortino <vze24sz4@verizon.net>

- Tom Schaub <tom_and_sue_schaub@mac.com>

RED:

- jim holman <siguiriya@attbi.com>

- Cornel Bruecher <cornel.bruecher@t-online.de>

- Bernard Cousin <bcousin@irisa.fr>

- Alex Ingles <a.ingles@abertay.ac.uk>

- as a reserve (but hopefully playing): Brian Rock <brian.rock@pacific.net.au>

So, if you are looking for some fun, please speak up and email me directly at rattler@eventfoto.com

Rattler

I'd like to share a IRC quote on the delays we were experiencing (from memory):

<player1>Damn my wife just went to bed, angry looks. I'm afraid I'll wake her up

<player1> when I go to bed.

<umpire2>Don't worry, by the time this game is over you need a younger one anyway.

[ April 21, 2003, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

I played through till 07:27 game time, when Pi and a few others dropped out (02:00CET or so..). Did the game progress any further? Will someone host at some point in the future to finish the scenario off - it was really interesting, and I was enjoying it a lot...

No.

The red team and the scenario designer just crashed so fast that the Blue team and the technical umpire didn't get it and wondered where the hell everybody was.

Red was lucky that I didn't hit the combat resolution button a few more times. Maybe it would have helped not to say you go in spanish smile.gif