US ARMY SHOULDER SLEEVE INSIGNIA MOD

Guest Tom

badges2.jpg

Hi all ,

just a little fun mod for all of you who like " total historical authenticity ":

Shoulder Sleeve Insignia for US Divisions in the ETO 1944- 1945

US INFANTRY DIVISIONS:

1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 28 29 30 34 35 36 42 44 45 63 65 66 69 70 71 75 76 78 79 80 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 94 95 97 99 100 102 103 104 106

US AIRBORNE DIVISIONS:

13 17 82 101

US ARMORED DIVISIONS:

generic shoulder sleeve insignia

Attention: these files will only work with the original CM uniform bitmaps ! You can´t use them with " subdued " or " toned down " uniforms ( I will work on special versions for this mods in the near future )

To improve your US CM units with original US divisional insignia simply follow these instructions:

1.) Enter my website by clicking the " German " button on the entry page ( sorry , but I had no time to update the english version of my site in time )

2.) Press the " mods " button and choose " faces & uniforms ".

3.) Click on the " USA ARMY Insignia " picture to download the mod ( 2 MB )

1.) Extract all files from "USarmyinsignia.zip" into your original CM/bmp folder.

2.) Open your CM/bmp folder and use the batch files to change the original CM uniform bitmaps to your needs ( example: opening the file " US101ab.bat " will add the insignia of the 101 US Airborne Division " Screaming Eagles " to the 1944 and 1945 US paratroop bitmaps. )

To learn more about some of the US divisions involved in the fighting on the western front , read the " History.txt " file ( taken from the SSI game " The Ardennes Offensive " )

If you are looking for new CM mods and scenarios....don´t forget to visit my website from time to time ( " Toms Combat Mission HQ " )

Have fun

Thomas Klimisch

------------------

Visit Toms Combat Mission HQ ( bilingual site ) at http://home.germany.net/101-77027/CM/TCMHQ.html

[This message has been edited by Tom (edited 12-17-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Tom (edited 12-17-2000).]

Hey! you have updated your german page a lot more than the english one... well what about all us Dumme Swede and other nationalitys who dont neccesarily speak (or read for that matter) german...

a bit unfair if you ask me...

rant mode off...

other than that it is an impressive site... you have my admiration and congratulations on a job well done...

------------------

Wof, wof, wof, wof... Thats my other dog imitation.

Hi Oddball..and all other " non native german speaking members of this board ",

I beg your pardon for the missing updates on the " international " version of my website. (Un)fortunately I have a new job , ongoing PBEM games and a wife (!!!)...so please be patient: the " english pages " will be updated during the x-mas holidays.

BTW: I hope you also find Tigers new Marder , German Halftrack and Gun Mods on my site together with a beta version of my new " Amsterdamned " scenario and new scenarios by Groundpounder and Mr. Shecknells.( again...all this stuff can only be found on the german pages at the moment )

Regards

Tom

P.S.: Some " missing " US divisional insignia will be added in the near future.

------------------

Visit Toms Combat Mission HQ ( bilingual site ) at http://home.germany.net/101-77027/CM/TCMHQ.html

Hi Frenchy ,

I did it.

Regards

Tom

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Frenchy:

Can you do one for the 70th Infantry Division, the "Trailblazers"? If you need a patch, you can get one from our site. Thanks!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

Not to nitpick, but... the patchs in the screen shots are on the wrong shoulder. Current unit assignment patchs are on the left, combat patchs are on the right. I know this is fixable with the airborne units on account of the 2 different arm .bmp's. Also, did you figure out a way to get the normal infantry not to have the patchs on both arms? I haven't d/l'ed the patch of course. So please say if the mod is different from the screenshots (I made my own one a while ago)

Guest AbnAirCav

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Duquette:

Anyone wanna guess what’s wrong with the picture below? Trivia…has something to do with the pictures caption and the topic of this thread.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like the patch of the 3d Infantry Division, the "Marne Division", who were in Italy and Southern France ... not at Normandy with Bradley's First Army?

Hi Prof ,

unfortunately the US Infantry in CM has only ONE bitmap for both arms ...so the insignia will show up on both shoulders of the soldiers. To be honest: I can live with that inaccuracy , as the patches ad more " personality " to the game.

Regards

Tom

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Prof Moriarty:

Not to nitpick, but... the patchs in the screen shots are on the wrong shoulder. Current unit assignment patchs are on the left, combat patchs are on the right. I know this is fixable with the airborne units on account of the 2 different arm .bmp's. Also, did you figure out a way to get the normal infantry not to have the patchs on both arms? I haven't d/l'ed the patch of course. So please say if the mod is different from the screenshots (I made my own one a while ago)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

Tom:

Absolutely awesome! As a patch collector, these fit the bill!!!!!!!!!!! I tried to do it myself, but nope, hehehehhe Thanks!

-Ski

------------------

"The Lieutenant brought his map out and the old woman pointed to the coastal town of Ravenoville........"

That's what I thought, just thought maybe I'd overlooked something. The American Airborne do have seperate .bmps though. #5002 for 1944 style. Can't remember the '45 style one. BTW How long did it take you to figure out that you have to mirror the patchs so they look right? Just wondering because I did like 20 patchs before I figured it out. I think it was 1st Cav that opened my eyes.

1st Cav???? Is there a pacific theater mod out or something? hehehehehe. The Ranger diamond patch should be made up for the Ramelle scenario. Keep up the great work!

-Ski

------------------

"The Lieutenant brought his map out and the old woman pointed to the coastal town of Ravenoville........"

Hi Binkie ,

I fixed the problem with Tigers Halftrack download.Should work now.

Regards

Tom

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Binkie:

Tom, I couldn't get into your german halftrack mod page, it gave me a 404. Can you help me out?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------