Delusional

Wow, I must be playing too much CM. I saw a new Ford F-150 on the way home and thought "Man, that looks just like a Jagdpanther". I shook my head and continued the journey toward Lake Champlain when another vehicle caught my eye. It was a shiny brand new Volkwagon Jetta and my mind flashed on the image of a Hetzer hiding in a treeline.

I pulled off the road to ensure the safety of the general public when suddenly I realized that it wasn't my imagination at all. The auto industry had finally realized the aerodynamic advances that had been incorporated into late war German fighting vehicles and was racing to capitalize on these svelte designs.

I continued on my merry way and all was fine until that damn Volkgrenadier platoon came out of nowhere on bicycles. Sheesh, the rest of the world seems to be slipping a cog.

Just wait until you see someone with one of those tanks on their back from which they spray insecticide.

I was on an intra-city train today ( kind of like US Subways) and at one of the stops someone was spraying weed killer on the platform using one of those. All I could think about was that with the scores of people walking past (and the enclosed carriages) I could have gotten a really high body count if he'd been a flamethrower unit in CM. wink.gif

You're not alone ! wink.gif

While I don't (yet) mistake passerbys for infantry. I have

another nice symptom. rolleyes.gif

Whenever I'm travelling outside, walking or by car, doesn't matter,

I constantly catch myself doing the setup!

I go like: OK, a sniper into that tall building. SMG squads

over there with MG support over there, tanks hiding behind that hill...

Heh.

When I'm out jogging, I see the Fast-lines in front of me and small pyramids where I ought to turn. When I reach that rocky patch where I usually walk/climb, naturally the line changes to the Move color.

Can I admit myself for counseling by myself? smile.gif

Sten

------------------

Keep your whisky on the rocks and your tanks on the roll.

On the somewhat related problem wink.gif

I'm a Warbirds player as well ( WWII sim ), there is a good bunhc of other WB players here as well.... anyway..

My problem is the fact that when i walk, my right hand is in the proper position in relation to the body, while my left has a thumb pointing towards my leg... kinda like it would look like on the throtlle...

biggrin.gif

------------------

Sometimes, when I put my truck in reverse, there is a faint clank in the tranny... I want to look to the right to see whose armor got hit.

My cordless phone at the office is an MP40.

There is a perfect hull-down at the top of my exit ramp with a nice FOV.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fionn:

Just wait until you see someone with one of those tanks on their back from which they spray insecticide.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL - I have to pedal past guys with leafblowers on their backs on the way to work every morning. It's not quite a flamethrower, but it is a high velocity garbage thrower.

As a longtime Squad Leader fan I am similarly afflicted. When I used to live in Colorado I would picture the landscape around me broken up into hexes. As I would drive through the mountain passes I would take note of all the good ambush points for future reference. Now with CM, I think I will have to scan in the exterior views of the building where I work, so that I can put it into a scenario!