So what happened to the UK chapter's topic?

you know, I think we should crash the server every friday, what ho? Get a bit of the ole rest over the weekend and have a jolly fresh start on monday. No, really. You guys suddenly seem funnier than ever. smile.gif And not only this threat...

Aaah, that's THREAD!!! not threat, sorry... biggrin.gif

------------------

I came, I saw, and I tripped and fell

[This message has been edited by Juju (edited 05-30-2000).]

Whey, i luv that Yank sense of humour smile.gif. But seriously, strategy and tactics have never been your forte. Ahhh 1812, good year wasn't it? smile.gif (We've still got the Burnt pathetic rag, its in the Shropshire Military museum BTW) smile.gif Lookin forward 2 showing our little cousins how the superior British military mind works. smile.gif

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Londoner:

Wot do American Tanks and American Beer have in common?

There's loads of em and their all ****e. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Londoner (edited 05-30-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now really, old boy, I say... with the prevailing attitude towards your jolly American mateys, I always wonder (between tea and a sip of port) how you managed to work together and beat us? Rotten show the co-operation between Monty and the chewing-gum munchers, would you not agree? Cup of tea anyone?

Anyone got the results for England v. Zimbabwe, BTW?

-----

Andreas (a hun stranded in Coventry)

Well now see if you were really a cricket fan you wouldn't be asking this question on a Wednesday, test matches always run Thursday through Monday, if they play the full five days. So they start the latest test at Trent Bridge tomorrow morning, simple really! smile.gif

Londoner, groovy baby, love the joke. On a serious note though lets have a battle of the nations, even if its just so we Brits can spank some arse (repeat arse not ass). Oh yeah one more point who saw the England-Ukraine match, again we were spanking arse. I will know stop talking about arses; over and out, tally ho, smoke me a kipper I'll be back for Breakfast, keep the tea on the boil.

[This message has been edited by Owen (edited 05-31-2000).]

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by majic:

Well now see if you were really a cricket fan you wouldn't be asking this question on a Wednesday, test matches always run Thursday through Monday, if they play the full five days. So they start the latest test at Trent Bridge tomorrow morning, simple really! smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh, but I have been away during the last weekend (from Thursday to Wednesday morning) in Canada, a nation that does not even pretend to play cricket internationally and therefore reports little on it. And I thought there was a test on during the weekend, but there you go, I was mistaken. Losing my mind and the correct dates. Where has that Anthony Eden gone, BTW?

Does listening to cricket live on radio 4 make me a fan?

Owen, have you already bought a supply of hankys for England v. Germany, wouldn't do if you messed up the couch with all those tears of misery... And the sad truth is, old boy, Ukraine is only playing internationally so as to not totally frustrate your country. You can always win against them, that's what they are there for.

Our glorious national side OTOH beat Real Mallorca 4-0, I say the Euro is ours. See you at the penalty-shootout.

Andreas (feeling cruel tonight due to jet-lag, and not going into a Coventry pub until the Euro is over)

Ps. No smilies in honour of Mr. Peng - okay, one smile.gif

Germanboy (I presume your German but relised Coventry has much more to offer then anything the Fatherland has) if your so adamant that Germany are going to beat England then put your money where your mouth is go to flutter.com place a bet (not done against a bookie) place 1:1 odds and I will take the bet up against you. I think even you relise Germany are going to crash ad burn, if you call Shevckenko and Rebrov ****, then good help your coffin pushing team.

It's always fun to remind our American friends that their first president was actually an Englishman...

About three years ago I was in San Diego on business and found time to 'do the city tour'. Our guide pointed to an airfield and said "That airstrip was in use in 1915... there's a lot of history over there!"

I don't think so!

A lot of history is:

A castle wall where the bricks you can see and touch were put there by a roman mason 2000 years ago.

Or a church with walls that have crosses roughly gouged into them by crusaders using their swords before they set off to the 'Holy Land'

... We have infantry regiments that are older than the USA!

------------------

Dulce Et Decorum Est

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MichaelU:

Well Germanboy, if you're looking for the cricket results, old chap, you could do worse than go to www.cricinfo.org, the home of all things cricket on the Internet. Must dash now. Toodle pip.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MichaelU, that's jolly nice of you, cheerio. If we ever meet, I owe you a glass of port wink.gif

Owen, I am under no delusions as to the performance of our team. The fact somebody was hailing their win over Real Mallorca told me that much. rolleyes.gif Having said that, if it goes to penalty shoot-outs, we both know who is going to win ;p Don't need to be athletic for that.

And I did not call the two Ukrainian players you mentioned ****, I am sure they are very able. But football is a team sport, and I haven't heard a lot of Ukraine since they got their own country, but that could just be my ignorance.

Coventry more to offer than Germany? You must be jesting. When was the last time (if ever) you came here? It has got a good university but we don't even sport the name (U of Warwick, not U of Coventry). rolleyes.gif

So honestly I think both the German and the English team are about equally incapable, so I won't place a bet. You'll probably win though, and I'll be depressed.

------------------

Andreas

It is amazing what you can learn from a good book...

LOL, Owen, nice idea m8, n Germanboy yes, tis a shame the "bubblegum chewers" didn't listen 2 the British General Staff more smile.gifwould've been far less GI's in body bags if they did. BTW Germanboy, do u know why your ladz pesisted with that crazy counter attack doctrine? Wiped u out.

You Brits really crack me up...I feel compelled to chime in as my name was freely used in regards to the hated smiley beasts and then one of the little... how do you sophisticated folks say it? rotters? was placed neatly at the end of the sentence.

Oh yeah, I'm an anglophile from way back. Love a nice stilton, proper tea (sounds like property), bangers and mash, pale ale, fish and chips, all that. Yup, got to love our betters wot live across the pond.

you forgot a dig at American beer. "its like making love in a canoe...f**king close to water!" ha ha ha jolly good. yes.

OK I think I've kissed enough Brit butt. now piss off.

All in good fun right? no smilies because I hate them.

Yup, us gum chewing morons gotta love the UK.. just gotta. where would we be without them? Oh yeah, I almost forgot. We'd be the one and only super power in the world!

Yup, for such a YOUNG country with so little history, we aren't doing so bad. You must be very proud of your little rebels.

Peng

------------------

Peng sez "die a lot now."

Welll is my face RED?! It was Germanboy who used the smiley, not a Brit after all...Sorry chaps. ttfn

[This message has been edited by MrPeng (edited 06-05-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KiloIndiaAlpha:

... We have infantry regiments that are older than the USA!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, Now I see why you needed our help to pull your kippers out of the fire everytime you start the the **** with the HUN boys. You gotta stop getting into those international wars. It's getting embarassing you know. We can't keep protecting you like that! LOL smile.gif

-Out

Phandall