How about a " CM MODs of the year award???

Since there have been so many outstanding MODs produced so far this year, how about creating a MODs Of The Year Award? I might be off base here, but since a lot of the MODs out there have had such a powerful impact, it would be nice to recognize those who were a step above the rest. We could create catagories such as terrain of the year, Winter German, Allied Vehicle, Uniform, etc...

What do you guys think??

-Ski

------------------

"The Lieutenant brought his map out and the old woman pointed to the coastal town of Ravenoville........"

I nominate MadMatt's Sound Pack as sound mod of the year. Granted, it contains many sound mods, but as a whole they make the game so much more enjoyable. When I got my new computer I played a few games before installing any mods. I don't mean to put down BTS's work, but the orignal sounds seemed dull after having played with the Mod Pack sounds. But if I had to single out one sound it would be the quieter exit sound.

Excellent idea, but I think there are so many, if we were to keep doing it, it would have to be mod of the month. I nominate Tiger's grey StuG. It just looks cool, I can almost see the welds in the steel.

------------------

No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. -Ender's Game

As good as many of the AFV mods are, I also have to go with Magua's buildings, and his new wall and church. They strongly change the look of the game (for the better).

------------------

Hope you got your things together,

Hope you are quite prepared to die. --CCR

That's just it. There ARE so many. That's why I think it would be that much better to wait till the end of year to single out the best mod of each catagory. To have a monthly award would water it down a bit. I'm sure that everybody out there will remember that one mod that made the game for them......

-Ski

------------------

"The Lieutenant brought his map out and the old woman pointed to the coastal town of Ravenoville........"

I've tried to test mods on DCMF but is far to complicated.

1)

They don't MODS the same units

2)

Some of them MODS are for special weather conditons only

3)

Some of them do alot of detailed work on the front of a tank - some of the them do alot to their behinds.

So - to test this you have to do following:

a)

Place every CM unit on a map

B)

take a screenshoot of every angle of the unit in zoom mode 1

c)

do it again in zoom mode 2

d)

do it again in zoom mode 3

e)

then switch army and start all over again!

f)

When you are finished - write over the bmp directory with some new mods and start from entry a)

Any one interested?

------------------

Malmvig