The coolest thing happened while I was playing

I was playing the VoT scenario last night, and I took all of my spotters and targeted an MG pillbox and the 75mm pillbox. Shells rained down for about 12 turns and when it was all over, the 75 was in flames and a ring of fire was surrounding it!! It was so cool! There was also another forest fire right next to it. How do you take screenshots?

If you are on a PC, pressing the print screen button will work. This saves the picture in a buffer so that you can paste it into a paint application.

I must admit that I love calling in fire support on otherwise harmless opposition so I can see them react when the shells start plunking down. The arty effect is one of the coolest in the game.

------------------

----

To download my scenarios: go to

http://www3.telus.net/pop_n_fresh/combatmiss/index.htm

Hey all,

Actually the coolest thing I saw was in a QB, my halftrack fires machine gun at a Brit MG jeep. The crew bails out, and the jeep kept rolling another 25 feet or so til it runs into a hous.

Damn coolest thing I have ever seen in a turn based game.

See ya

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ellros:

Forgive my computer illiteracy, but where would the buffer be? IE what directory or folder? Thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The buffer is invisible; but if you open a paint program such as the one (Paint -do a search if you can't find it)that comes with Windows in the accessories folder near the top of the list when you press the button on the left that shows all the programs, when you choose "paste" from the menu in the Paint program, the screen shot will be pasted into the screen, which you can then save as a bmp file (or some other format).

Ther are also free programs on the web to do the same thing, but I forgot the names.

Henri

Ellros,

The "buffer" is basically a memory location within your computer (kind of a virtual clipboard).

So, after 'saving' the image in the buffer by using the Print Screen function, you should be able to open a paint program (Paint, Paintshop PRO, MS Word may even work) and paste the image there (usually CTRL-C or Shift-Insert or the 'Paste' option in the "Edit" pull-down menu of most programs).

If, between saving the image via Print Screen and pasting, you 'copy' anything else (text, images, etc.) - this will clear out the buffer with the new 'item' that you have copied - multiple 'items' cannot exist in the buffer...

Hope this helps smile.gif

in one scenario I had three SS squads sneak

into buildings against an unsuspecting

half track and I saw three handgrenades

go in these arcs through the air....

one of them got the 'track, I think it was

from the squad that chucked it from the

roof - and the grenades were shaped like

the potatomashers....

I am still playing the demo (my copy hasnt arrived yet) but the coolest thing I've seen is on the Valley mission. I dont know how my Sherman got this sudden accuracy but I'm on second turn and my sherman is more or less on my side of the map. 2 enemy fortification decided to fire at my shermans which unfortunately come to view. Well, my Sherman return fire and took out the wooden fortification in 1 shot, fire second shot at another concrete bunker and hit the slit and took it out. Nuff said.