Eight reasons why Sudden Strike is better than CM

RMC

Senachai,

That phrase "one cannot play war" is meant as a joke. You can't see it at that size image but the little white text at the lower right says "says my grandpa..." It would seem to be a play on the younger kids disdain for the older generation's concerns.

Oh, BTW the values I "gave" CM in the first post came straight from the Gamespot review.

Hi RMC,

you are totally wrong here! You have no feeling for a wargame, for this board, for all the things CM offers.

Go to Sudden Strike, go to the marketing machine ... be one of the "new wave generation", quick gaming, less to read and understand. It´s o.k. - but leave us alone here. The CM community doesn´t need those things you like so much.

Bye, bye

Greetings from Germany

Jochen

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RMC:

You can't see it at that size image but the little white text at the lower right says "says my grandpa..." It would seem to be a play on the younger kids disdain for the older generation's concerns.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's good to see they make games intellectually suitable to JP...

Guest Germanboy

RMC, ROFL. NOw where do I get to meet the young lady in the very appropriate battle dress? I would like to get some lessons in close combat (only CC2, b/c CC3 or CC4 would be too crowded).

And what about CM2 coming with a poster of TC Schultz, maybe in front of the carcass of a Russian Chinchilla-Destroyer. I would not buy it without one. Go TC Schultz go!

Thinking about this, a calendar with day-by-day wisdoms from the Pengpool would not go amiss either. The possibilities. I am sure Prof. Hamster X is working on one. Or how about a Germanboy-Bible in nice red. Handy, carry it around in your pocket, Grandma's wisdom available in a second. Or Penilepea's Bokk of CMBO BBS Singalongs?

Everybody, take a deep breath (and if that does not help, breathe into a bag for a while) before posting and jumping onto people please. How anybody could take this one serious is beyond me...

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RMC:

Future game reviews won't lament about about the TCP/IP thing. CM will get dogged for a lack of merchandising...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But they do have merchandise. Just check out http://www.battlefront.com/products/worldwar/prints/index.html

Some nice drawings that look nice on the wall close to your computer...

Heck, you don't even have to buy the game to buy the merchandise wink.gif.

Cheers

Olle

OK so I downloaded "Sudden Strike" aka "Sudden Slight of Hand".

I start my first battle. Up pops a pretty Tiger and an awesome sound.

Boy was I excited.

10 minutes later I felt sick to my stomach, dazed, confused and utterly emptied of any desire to ever play the game.

I may consider purchasing a Tiger mouse pad. Then again I don't have a mouse. Oh well back to endless hours of Combat Mission scenarios.

Richard Kalajian

Hmmmm...

How about a CM cigarette case...?

I'm thinking along the lines of Lord Wellington in "Blackadder 3" (brit comedy for those not in the know):

"... My men had a whip round to give you this cigarette case... that is to say, I had them whipped until they bought the case. It's my personal coat of arms: Two crossed dead frenchmen on a background of dead frenchmen..."

But here it might be two crossed hamsters on a background of Chinchilla pelts...?

-Derfel

------------------

The only problem for a cobra attacking small furry animals is that occasionally one of them will turn out to be a mongoose...

Guest Big Time Software

Good one Bob smile.gif

Folks... before anybody jumps up and yells "Troll!!" they should first see if there is any way to look at the post from a humorous (ironic) standpoint. If you see the potential for irony, go on that assumption until proven otherwise.

Also, it helps to know the poster in question. If you are in question, a quick Serach will show if the poster is likely to post Troll food. In the case of RMC, this is not his style.

OK, I'm going to lock this one up as everybody has had a good laugh (or Troll scare smile.gif). Gotta try and keep the clutter down.

Steve