(I hate to do this...) BTS: TCP/IP patch status?

I'm absolutely loathe to bother you with this, but I'm very anxious for the patch...

I've been checking BTS downloads 3 times a day, mumbling about it in meetings, hell...even my fiancee is aware of this patch, and she thinks computer games are toys! (Re-education begins three weeks from this Saturday.)

Just give me a calendar date to cling to! (Lie if you want.)

Cheers,

Jim

------------------

When angry, count four; when very angry, swear.

--Pudd'nhead Wilson

Thanks!

I've been following that thread, but it's mostly about "floating point integers" (what ever they are) and people telling BTS how to technically design this patch. I'm simply interested in a possible time-frame of completion.

[This message has been edited by Rossdaddy (edited 11-17-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kestrl:

I wouldn't mind having the patch TCP/IP patch to play with before Thanksgiving.

B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is doubtful. We have just released the patch to the body of Beta Testers for review. The former versions were all tested internally (just us BF.C peoples) but VERY extensively. wink.gif

Depending on how this new round of testing goes will decide when the Public Beta is to be released. Baring no unforeseen major issues, we are probably still looking at 1-2 weeks.

Madmatt

Thanks Madmatt,

At least i know i won't be playing CM over TCP/IP until sometime in December or maybe next year. I"ll enjoy my turkey and stuffing better if i know that the patch won't be out before Thanksgiving and that way i won't be thinking i should be at home downloading it.

------------------

" When you succeed, give all the credit to others; when you fail, take all the blame." General Dwight D. Eisenhower

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrk_dog:

Well since this thread has been started, and even though we have an answer (thanks Maddmatt) could I ask another question? Will the patch support LAN? If not is there any plans to do so? Thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure what you mean by support LAN, but since the patch will use the TCP/IP protocol for communications, then of course it will support a LAN. (Assuming of course you have your computers on that LAN configured to run TCP/IP.)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

The former versions were all tested internally (just us BF.C peoples) but VERY extensively. wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Testing?! What I would give to do that kind of 'testing' exceeds your imagination! When I test software I've developed at work it involves making sure that the data fields validate correctly on the user input forms, that the DB updates properly, that the sequence numbers on the documents stay synchronized when yadda yadda yadda.

Testing, MadMatt? I think not. I think you are playing and I am extremely jealous. I think all of you 'testers' should be smacked with a very large herring! Testing?! PAH! HARUMPH! (sound of head banging on desk)

p.s. Just kidding. (No I'm not! What? Who said that? Stop it! Help me!!!!)

Well they do call it Play-Testing.

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

Guest *Captain Foobar*

Kestrl, what they are referring to indeed is a public beta version. After a period of public abuse, the software will either be shown to be infallible, or altered if nitpicky bastards around here say something doesnt work right in it.