Will I get CM2 or 3 be released before my ordered CM showes up?

Was just wondering if CM2 or CM3 would be released before the copy of CM i ordered showes up on my door steps.

I ordered and got confirmation on 9/17/2000 and there is still no sign of the game. I do understand that Battlefront is using the Mail order only to keep cost down, but at times like this I have to consider picking up the next close combat game. I figure a little bird in the hand is better then a fat turkey that has not shown up for 1 month now.

Sorry about the cynical post, but I am a bit frustrated at this time. I wanted to play this game very much, but waiting so long for the game takes a bit of the fun out of it too.

Pout Pout

No.

If you read the legalese on the order page it says, specifically:

"Delivery will be prompt unless your nick happens to be ahauschild, in which case delivery will not take place until the release of CM2 or, possibly, CM3."

Sorry, bud. Just be thankful you don't live in Tunisia.

------------------

Seen in the light of evolution, biology is, perhaps, intellectually the most satisfying and inspiring science. Without that light it becomes a pile of sundry facts—some of them interesting or curious but making no meaningful picture as a whole.

-Theodosius Dobzhansky, "Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution"

Has your credit card been charged yet ? I would suggest emailing sales@battlefront.com and confirming that your order has been received and mailed out to you. It is possible that something has happened to your order in the warehouse or....

some doggie is chewin' on the tasty bits of your CM envelope and manual.

Your post is disturbing. I ordered my copy on 16 October with a confirmation the same day. Nothing heard from Battlefront, and I tried emailing sales 3 days ago. I was hoping to have the game within 10-14 days since I live on the east coast. Has anyone had any luck corresponding with these folks?

Hang in there guys. I hadda wait too. But I tell you what. You ain't gonna be dissappointed. It is every bit "worth" the wait. Barring something gone wrong with the mail, BTS I'm sure is doing it's best to fill what amounts to a tidal wave of orders.

I know this sounds canned, and I hope not trite, "Ah feel yer pain", but tis true. BTS is a bit unorthadox, but that is exactly what brought us CM in the first place. It was designed, produced, and directed by gamers, not stuffed shirt executives that at best have a Sony Playstation in the kids room. So, hang in there. smile.gif

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno Weiss

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 10-26-2000).]

I would check with the sales department. I received my game in about two weeks from the time I ordered it.....and I didnt use a credit card..I wrote a check! I got my game about four days after I received the confirmation of my order. I live in Arkansas so maybe the President had something to do with it.

------------------

It wasn't MY company..It was the Armys' or so they told me.

Guest barrold713

You should look into your order status because I received my copy in 4 business days from the date I ordered from the website. Perhaps the popularity of CM has caused some delay (magnified by overseas delivery if that is the case) but a month does seem to be excessive based on my own experience. You will love the game once it arrives so stand by for some major joy when it gets there and you have the opportunity to download the mods and patch to version 1.05.

Good luck and welcome to the CM collective

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin

its worth it

don't worry

WE ALL had to wait

Some folks here pre-ordered and waited MONTHS for to even ship.

your game is on the way and you will LOVE it when you get it.

Take care of all your homework, chores, or real life repsonsibilities, (whatever they are) because when that game arrives and you load it into your computer, you can kiss the rest of your Real Life™ good-bye! smile.gif

-tom w

Guest Shatter50

Nothing heard from Battlefront, and I tried emailing sales 3 days ago. I was hoping to have the game within 10-14 days since I live on the east coast. Has anyone had any luck corresponding with these folks?

Hi all,

My first post and unfortunately a whinge.

Also ordered CM on the 15th October and am still waiting with baited breathe. Admittingly I live in the UK, but an American I live with gets parcels from the US in 4 days!!

Have already e-mailed sales twice and am still waiting. Please help, I need help.

Hi,

I am in France and, I have waited already for 17 days and it is going to be for sure above 25 as the weekend is here and there is a bank holiday on Wednesday.

Have sent several emails to have my order confirmed and yet no answers.

And the questions are, how come 3 months after the initial/understandable rush do they have delays in delivery like the ones that are commented here?.

Is the game more requested now than when it was initially launched?.

A frustrated wannabe CM player

Top Gun Wrote:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Out of curiousity, Bruno....how long did you have to wait?!?!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

About two or three weeks Top Gun. And during that time I wasn't overly anxious on account of I was still skepticle. I wasn't sure what I was getting, but bought it based purely upon the five stars out of five stars rating it received at Computer Games Online. I wasn't hanging out here at the forum, and had not caught the bug. So my life was still normal during the interium.

Now ofcourse, all that has changed, and I attend the CMA Twelve Step program Combat Mission Anonymous, at the local mission. "I'm Bruno Weiss and... Yes, I'm a Combat Mission Addict. smile.gif

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno Weiss

That post brings back memories.

I'm almost tempted to go back in time and read the threads when we were _all_ waiting for the game, ambushing our mailmen. <Sigh> Those were the good old days.

Guys, when you do get it don't panic when you think there's no CD in the package - its in the middle of the booklet.

p.