Music to play CM to

Guest herbjorn

Still waiting for the full version to arrive.

Preussians Gloria, British Grenadiers, unter dem Dopfeladler all work great with the gold demo, though.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Schugger:

Is this the song which starts like:

" Gäb es nur eine Krone

Wohlan ich schenkte sie

Der Tapferkeit zum Lohne..."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, that's the one.

When I was a Grennie and I had to sing it, I hated it.

But now, after some years, it brings back memories...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I'll drop you a note if I find it.

cu

Schugger

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks

Lutz

Well, the game hasn't arrived, but when i played the demo, i listend to a wide array, including Grieg, Bach, WAGNER...

oh.. and i got a cd with remastered recordings of Glen miller and the american band of the ASF....well that tunes well too.. biggrin.gif

------------------

TargetDrone

who has a heart for smilies

and will defend their rights ....

even if the cost is bloody....

Sorry Lutz,

I had no luck to find any CD or something on the Bundeswehr webpage. All I can come up with is, that the "song" is included in the " Liederbuch der Bundeswehr". ( Super Denglish, toll nicht?).

So you had the dubious fortune to be a Grenni too. Imagine that, this was our platoon song until we chanted it on our vow of allegiance celebration in Lüneburg. I believe our CO was somewhat pissed over this incident as we were not allowed to sing it anymore.

If it's not too late, let me recommend "Orbvs Terrarvm" by Orb for music to play by. This CD, a few years old, is music/sound effects like Pink Floyd without the songs and words. Very good for keeping your pulse and mood of apprehension while you plot moves, without being too distracting.

I especially love the occasional readings about slugs, baby slugs, grandmother slugs, and Tim.

I'm listening to it now, In fact, I think I ought to get another Orb CD to celebrate CM.

------------------

Res ipsa loquitur

[This message has been edited by Lawyer (edited 07-10-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMcGuire:

Godsmack, Powerman 5000, Static X, Charged GBH, CoC, Kittie...

Years ago I probably would have listed a bunch of classical or maybe Tangerine Dream (Near Dark), but it just lacks a certain intensity... thicker, older blood needs to be shoved a little harder. Ok, maybe E. Berliotz's Symphony Fantastique... maybe...

Nah! Can't go any softer than Monster Magnet.

--j.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello there JMcGuire... Your musical tastes run similar to mine. I usually play any game (flightsim, RTS, etc.) with a collection of music I've made up myself - everything from the Offspring and Green Day to Everclear and U2 to Papa Roach and White Zombie. It's quite a mix, but it really serves to get the blood pumping when I'm under attack biggrin.gif. I'll occasionally play a movie soundtrack (a techno-beat song like some of the action tracks from the newer Bond films is good for combat too) if I feel in the mood.

Have a good one folks,

------------------

KMHPaladin

KHarkins@voicenet.com

"We have the enemy surrounded. We are dug in and

have overwhelming numbers. But enemy airpower is

mauling us badly. We will have to withdraw."

-- Japanese infantry commander, SITREP, Burma

As an aside my team used to play Offspring (the first album), as we were gearing up to head out live raids and door kicking type ops. It's great music to put you in the mindset to generate lethal violence.

Los

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Schugger:

So you had the dubious fortune to be a Grenni too. Imagine that, this was our platoon song until we chanted it on our vow of allegiance celebration in Lüneburg. I believe our CO was somewhat pissed over this incident as we were not allowed to sing it anymore.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Strange. Our CO would have been pissed if we wouldn'd sing it, for it was our battalion (PzGren Btl 212) song (this was in 92/93).

Oh, and about the "luck" of beeing a Grennie: I actually had luck since I was in the InstZug (Repair Platoon), repairing such technological marvels like the T-100Z telex (no electronics, pure electromechanic; a direct descendent from the Wehrmachts-model), the FF-OB/ZB field telephone (again not to different from what the Wehrmacht used) and the SEM 25/35 two-way-radios (yeah, tubes just give you a better, warmer sound then these modern transistors wink.gif ).

Lutz

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lutz:

Strange. Our CO would have been pissed if we wouldn'd sing it, for it was our battalion (PzGren Btl 212) song (this was in 92/93).

Oh, and about the "luck" of beeing a Grennie: I actually had luck since I was in the InstZug (Repair Platoon), repairing such technological marvels like the T-100Z telex (no electronics, pure electromechanic; a direct descendent from the Wehrmachts-model), the FF-OB/ZB field telephone (again not to different from what the Wehrmacht used) and the SEM 25/35 two-way-radios (yeah, tubes just give you a better, warmer sound then these modern transistors wink.gif ).

Lutz<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lutz:

Lutz<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Vorsprung durch Technik", the marvels of german arms-technology. I was somewhat more lucky then you, as I wanted desperatly to become a Kradschütze and... ended up as sniper. You can easily imagine how happy I was, even more when I recieved my G3 with scope which was manufactured in 1956 (!).

I was in PzGrenadier Bat 84 from 90 to 91 and I don't miss anything! ( exept my sense of hearing on my left ear).

If you have more luck in finding the CD with our favourite song, please drop me a note.

cu

Schugger