mods

jdl

All the mods are great. But this weekend I did a reformat on my C drive for a couple of reasons. The major reason was Flight Simulator 2000.And I had installed and removed alot of other programs. It was getting all crapped up with a years worth of addons. I saved all my CM mods to Superdisk. I re-installed windows, Flight Sim 2000, and CM. I don,t think I am going to install all the mods again because it sure runs smoother without them.Running P3-500,256sdram,Voodoo3 3000. Well I might install the smaller more accurate flags. The game is still just as intense. And I probably will still download all the new mods for use on next years system.

Guest Big Time Software

Hehe... now you know why we didn't have the original graphics as hires as the mods smile.gif They sure look cool, but if you have last year's hardware too many can be a bit taxing. When we released the Demo a Voodoo3 was pretty much top dog too!

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Clark:

Methinks I need to revert to the originals... I don't care as much about graphics as gameplay anyhoo.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aha! That explains it, Mr. Clark. We were comparing hardware (as boys will do) on another thread, and despite similar "archaic" rigs, you seemed to be having more trouble than I was.

I play the game absolutely stock, right off the CD + patches. No lock-ups, some minor choking on large scenarios with lots of smoke (so far I still use the high-res smoke), but they play. I am jealous of the mods I've seen but I'm already so immersed, the GF is going to have me committed.

I decided to just say NO to mods until I get a newer rig.

Unless I get around to that Japanese Army mod... I keep seeing palm trees and rubber plantations, and wondering which German AFV characteristics would make a good Jap medium for Slim River...

but...but...

snapjagdpantherambush3.jpg

Actually I wouldn't be so fast to knock the mods. The only ones that are going to slow down your system are the hi-res mods. Even with these, the only hi-res that are going to cause problems, maybe with a 500 MHz system, would be hi-res terrain tiles, as the whole map will consist of these (several hundred at once if not 1000+). This jagdpanther is not hi-res, by the way.

Have to make sure you de-frag your system at least once a week. The most likely candidate causing system performance issues is having out-of date or corrupted drivers for your devices. Also check your direct x version.

-john

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 09-21-2000).]

I am running CM on a P2 400; 128MB RAM; VooDoo2 12MB; with most every mod available; I cannot complain about slow downs etc. at all - don't even know really what people are referring to there - UNLESS - the time it takes to load up a BIG Battle and to me if that's it, it's worth the wait! biggrin.gif

BUT CM has me now searching for best price on a GeForce2 MX - what next?? biggrin.gif

------------------

"I stink, therefore, I am!"

Ok, I'm guessing it's something other than CPU speed we're talking about with this.

I just tested it. Loaded a saved game and played a turn(and did a 360 camera spin). It's a fairly large operation map(Herrlisheim -Cut Off), btw.

I then moved my bmp folder from my cmbo directory and copies the one from the cd into it's place. Other than getting funky orange and black HE explosions because I was missing the new explosion graphics, there was no difference in speed that I could tell.

I have a 450Mhz AMDK-6, 128MB Ram, and a 32MB Ati Rage 128 Video card. So, if you want to ues the hi-res graphics, if it will slow down or not seems to depend on either the video card or ram, and I'd lay money on the video card.

Oh, and I'm using the Velvet Grass texture.

Now I suppose I have a high end system PentIII 733, 256megs RAM and a Voodoo5, but I'm using 4XFSAA and see no slowdowns at all with a slew of the mods added including the velvetouch grass but no hex overlays. I have kept from adding all the different little terrain mods though, but have plugged in a couple. By the way, Tiger, where the devil can we get a download of that Jagdpanther?

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Luftwaffe Moto-(3./JG11)

Bruno "Stachel" Weiss

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ghengis Jim:

How do you do this, so-called, "De-Frag?"

Sounds very intriging, defrag, hmmmm...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This so-called Defrag is the Disk Defragmenter and/or Norton Speed Disk for the PC. If you are using a Mac, well, I feel for you but have no idea whether there is a defrag for the HD or not...

------------------

Jon Johnson

Audio/Video Productions

Matrix Games