Artillery question....

phil-

What are the chances of more types of munitions being added with later patches? The specific one's I'm look for are biological/chemical (couldn't you use the smoke cloud but change it's properties).....oh and nuclear...because when things go boom, I really want them to go boom. :cool: redface.giftongue.gif

[ November 22, 2002, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: phil- ]

Originally posted by MajorH:

NBC weapons won't be added unless they are required by a military contract.

In my opinion, NBC weapons are boring in a tactical or grand tactical level game.

Yeah you're most likely right, being the creator and all, I was just thinking of some Iraq like missions in my head. I guess they will have to stay in my head. ;)

(I was joking about nuclear btw)

[ November 22, 2002, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: phil- ]

Nucs are just to big for a game played at the battalion/brigade level.

Biologicals don't operate in the time span a typical TacOps game.

And I can tell you what chemicals will do from prior study, field exercises, and board games/sims.

If both sides are unprepare for chemical release, the whole thing comes to a grinding halt.

If one side is unprepared, the other side wins.

If both sides are prepared, the battle continues at a reduced pace. Infantry moves at a reduced rate as heat build up in their protective gear becomes a major factor in (unless the weather is fairly cold). Weapons crews take longer to acquire and engage targets of all types.

Happy Gaming

You can simulate a artillery delivered tactical nuke strike easily enough. Just enable umpire mode and use the 'kill unit' on the target area.

I don't have any data on what the lethality radius of arty nuke is. That said, I would say that a arty nuke would most certainly kill the target and any units in the immediate (couple of hundred meters radius) of ground zero.

[ November 25, 2002, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: Del Shand ]