To all those people that didn't see the point in TCP/IP over PBEM

Madmatt...is the issue of not being able to play behind a router going to get some serious focus? This is a big one for me since I don't much like advertising my IP without some controls. Meaning, using my router as a firewall.

Also, can I host the game with ZoneAlarm running? Can I connect to one? That may be an option.

M Hof, I understand where you are coming from. My only wish is to point out to folks that had no intention of ever trying it to give it a whirl. I have PBEM games going and I am sure I will continue to play PBEM. This is not in place of PBEM. But my feeling is that playing TCP/IP is the way this game was designed to really shine. Trust me on this.

Also, the patch has much more than just TCP/IP. It has many fixes and such. You should download it for that reason at least. It is only the TCP/IP that is beta not the fixes.

------------------

What do we do with a terrible liar? Well, Great liars we send into the clergy.

Good liars we groom for politics. Moderate liars we supply with sherrif's badges

and guns, and the bad liars, well, we make them heroin whores. So what the hell

do we do with the Terrible Liars? Well, it seems we turn them into physicists

called "chrisl." Peng

Madmatt, I have zone alarm. When I shut down zone alarm, I did get to the host screen waiting for opponent area. With zone alarm on, the screen did freeze,(well I was able to move my mouse but that's all.I could not escape back to my desktop.), without an error messase.

I did see an IP number with zone alarm shutdown and it was the IP number of my 56k modem not my cable modem. However, after reading the readme again, closely, I understand that should not be a problem as long as the other player enters my cable modem IP number.

Thanks

Problem solved