breaching minefields

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maj. Bosco:

I thought you just moved them up to near an identified minefield and they'd toss their det packs on it. I've never done it though. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, that's what you do. Just let them sit next to the mines for a couple of turns. If they are under fire it will take more turns. The mines will disappear.

GP

If you can see the little sign and then you can't, they are cleared. It took me a while before I had my troops move there, I was pretty nervous.

Also, I believe the engineers must have demo charges to clear mines. So if you blew up that pillbox last turn, don't bother with the mines. The only exception is daisy-chain AT mines, which can be cleared without charges.

------------------

No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. -Ender's Game

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sabots:

Will there be Sherman Crab (Flail) tanks any time soon in CM?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Mike good to see you here smile.gif.

Regards, John Waters

------------------

"We've got the finest tanks in the world. We just love to see the

German Royal Tiger come up on the field".

Lt.Gen. George S. Patton, Jr. February 1945.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dunc:

ooh, so is destroying pillboxes much the same thing? Stand them behind it and they'll blow it up?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. And they're pretty good at blowing up tanks as well. smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jarmo:

Yep. And they're pretty good at blowing up tanks as well. smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup

Engineers and Demo charges are one of the really fun parts of the game, them and Flame throwers when you can actually get them to TOAST something smile.gif

-tom w