A publishing idea for BTS

The literature you desire can usually be found in hardback form at your local library.(unlike most Playstation titles or RPG's, unit info and historical references have volumes of data surrounding them) Much data is also widely available on the 'net and even the 'idiot box' (TV and videos)

I'd be just as happy to save my money for CM2. (currency exchange is a killer in Canada)

As a kind of a stop gap until what you request comes out (if it ever does) check out this and see if it is what your looking for:

http://www.hpssims.com/Book.htm

I quote off the page "This book will actually be extremely helpful in use with a variety of WWII tactical wargames, and not just HPS products."

[This message has been edited by MadDog0606 (edited 08-18-2000).]

Guest Michael emrys

If the sample page that they reproduce on the website is typical, the information in the book is too cusory to be really very useful. You'd be better off to save your money and purchase something with more meat, of which there are a great number on the market.

Michael

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tailz:

I'd be just as happy to save my money for CM2. (currency exchange is a killer in Canada)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, and as well save the labor of the CM team for doing what they do best: turning out first-class wargames.

Michael

Ahem..

May I humbly suggest my unit database? It doesn't have ALL the units in yet (just vehicles and infantry - 150 or so units).

It has in game stats as well as a pic of the unit as taken from within CM. If I can manage it, I would also like to add actual pics in a way that doesn't violate any copyrights.

The database is in Excel and is available for download from - http://asl2cm.cjb.net

Col. Klotz has been kind enough to host it for me.

Jason

I must give two big thumbs up to Guachi's database & pictures. (I don't have Excel, but Quattro Pro translates it pretty well). Very useful and a hell of a lot of work.

Now, if it was just printer friendly....(if you want to take that as a hint, feel free wink.gif).

--Philistine

Guachi your site is AWESOME! biggrin.gif

If I haven't already told you that in another thread then I'm telling you now!

Keep up the good work. I intend to DL a few battles tonight.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ACTOR:

Guachi your site is AWESOME! biggrin.gif

If I haven't already told you that in another thread then I'm telling you now!

Keep up the good work. I intend to DL a few battles tonight.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OH, MY GAWD... stand back while I KICK myself for not visiting it sooner!! The SL memories are flooding happily back. (never did the ASL thing... too much money in the first one, but at least now I can get the boards and play them!)

You are an old grognards new hero!!

smile.gif

The site isn't mine so I can't take credit for that. smile.gif I finally went there yesterday to take a look at how he posted my files. He did a great job with screen shots and a text write up tht made me blush. smile.gif

Oh, and with the addition from Mike Ratay (unsolicited, which makes it even cooler) the pics now open up INSIDE the Excel spreadsheet and not in a separate program.

And rudimentary rarity charts are added (just like the ones in ASL) as well as Firepower (for infantry) and armor penetration charts (for vehicles) as well as a revamping of the color scheme to softer colors and a consolidation of the sheets to use fewer of them.

The database SHOULD be printer friendly. Not necessarily the screen where the individual units pop up as I can't imagine somebody would want to print out one page per unit.

The OTHER sheets are printer friendly, though. I added page breaks all over the place so the information would print nicely. If you don't want to print all that color just turn all the background to white and it prints quickly and nicely.

And best of all, it's FREE! smile.gif

Jason

Oh, I'm also half way through adding average ammo loadouts for vehicles ('X' AP shells, 'Y' HE shells, 'Z' smoke shells)