Another senario while we wait?

Dear BTS

Is there any chance of giving us just one more senario that can be used in the gold demo? The antipation of realease is at fever pitch as we draw into the last 1/2 weeks (add 10 days if your in europe) 100's of us must have played Vot & CE to death. The senario could be one that's not in the realese, a left over....anything to help us through this last wait will be warmly welcomed by us all.

I'd be very surprised...

Nice try though, James! biggrin.gif

(afterthought...) Oh, and very pleased of course!!!

------------------

Combat Axiom 46. Do unto others, before they do unto you.

[This message has been edited by Juju (edited 06-03-2000).]

Guest *Captain Foobar*

I admire your chutzpah in asking them for it, but I highly doubt they will build a new map on an old software build, (from what I have gathered the GOLD demo is outdated now...) when the cd's should be shipping out in 2 weeks.

In the meantime do what I am doing. Set VoT on + 100% for allies, and try to hold out as the Germans. Oh My God, the 10-12 Shermans are evil, but the arty is even worse. Hill 291 looked like the surface of the moon, after the AI was done with me....... But it was fun.

Now, I am going in to Vot as US this times, with +100% forces....I want to see what Plomville looks like after I empty my 105's and 88's on it.... smile.gif

------------------

Life is tough...Its even tougher if you're stupid...

OK, one last time.....

To create another scenario for the demo, it would have to contain the same units that the demo has. That is, AFV wise, Sherman 75s, Sherman 76s. Sherman 105s, StuGIIIGs, and Panther Gs. Same goes for infantry types and bunker types.

Why??

Because the demo only has enough code for the two included scenarios to work. The scenaro files just use elements in the game code to make-up the scenario. Meaning that the code for the Panther is within the game code and all the scenario file does is to call for that model when needed. The units and textures are not saved within the scenario files. That's why they are so small. The beta CE file was only what ~50K??

------------------

"The greatest risk...is not taking one."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *Captain Foobar*:

I admire your chutzpah in asking them for it, but I highly doubt they will build a new map on an old software build, (from what I have gathered the GOLD demo is outdated now...)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WELL, I wouldn't call it "outdated", it just has a few bugs in it. BTS and us are just fortunate enough that the Gold Demo had been released and further tested that some bugs have been found and will be fixed with a patch the day that they start shipping. Just thank BTS that we can start playing the full version with an immediate patch available.

------------------

Maximus - I did realise that for my request you could only use viechal and force types already in the gold demo. I don't mind! I just wondered if you'd a spare senario that can be used with the gold demo. Or even if BTS could edit the forces in an existing but unused senario. Seeing as work on CM1 is set in the CD's and your waiting for the the print shop to sort itself out I had this image that BTS was'nt very busy at the moment. I grovel with appology in advance if I'm wrong about that!

I know I'm being cheeky, but if you don't ask you don't get.

Guest aka PanzerLeader

Hey, I realise, all the "new" guys here, why don't you download the good old beta demo and play Last Defence? I know it's completely outdated but it is, for you, a new scenario!! Oh and don't forget Riesberg...

For the people overseas (from the US mainland that is): I'll bet within a day or two of the players here getting the game you'll start to find plenty of home grown scenarios at various sites that should hold you over until the game reaches you.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aka PanzerLeader:

Hey, I realise, all the "new" guys here, why don't you download the good old beta demo and play Last Defence? I know it's completely outdated but it is, for you, a new scenario!! Oh and don't forget Riesberg...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems like a good idea; but where can the old demo be found?? Battlefronts website doesn´t have it..Neither does Combatsim.com - that is, the link to Battlefront is dead.. Help!!!

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ted:

For the people overseas (from the US mainland that is): I'll bet within a day or two of the players here getting the game you'll start to find plenty of home grown scenarios at various sites that should hold you over until the game reaches you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There might well be, but they won't run on demo code. But I can wait patiently for the game to come out, I can do it, I can do it, or so my shrink keeps telling me...

------------------

Andreas

The powers of accurate percetion are often called cynicism by those who do not possess them. (forgot who said it)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ted:

For the people overseas (from the US mainland that is): I'll bet within a day or two of the players here getting the game you'll start to find plenty of home grown scenarios at various sites that should hold you over until the game reaches you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

rolleyes.gif Here again, same applies to what I said earlier. Scenarios made with the full version WON'T work with the Demo, otherwise you could just have the demo and keep downloading new scenarios without ever buying the game. The Demo only supports what's in the Demo. Nothing more, nothing less.

However, the scenarios in the Demo can be transferred to the full version. CE is already in there, but VoT won't be. So you can just copy the VoT file to the full version and whoopee.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 06-04-2000).]

I agree, another scenario would be nice since the release seems to delayed until maybe as late as June 15th ranther than the anticipated release of end of May(damn manuel smile.gif It would help make the wait a little easier. Even if the force compositions where ajusted slightly.

My two cents......

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sirius8:

Originally posted by aka PanzerLeader:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems like a good idea; but where can the old demo be found?? Battlefronts website doesn´t have it..Neither does Combatsim.com - that is, the link to Battlefront is dead.. Help!!!

Actually, CDROM.com still has it. I'm downloading it as we speak (type?) the download seems a little slow, though

Oh ferrrr cryin out loud.

You bloody newbie Johnny Come Latelys.

Get a life!

The game ships in a couple weeks. There are some of us who have been waiting months, some have been waiting YEARS.

Listening to this whining blather makes me sick. Go get a job or do something useful.

Christ. You'd think Manieri has posessed a dozen or so people here.

Argh.