CM Meta Campaign Vs. CM RPG

Guest Pillar

Guest Pillar

An Open Letter to All!

Recently talked to Matt via email about getting some Combat HQ coverage or support of the RPG I am starting.

He mentioned that the CM Meta Campaign would be starting sometime soon, and it would likely be overshadowing my creation.

Out of curiosity, and since I hadn't really looked at it much before, I went to the CMMC area of Matt's site and took a good look at it.

Conclusion? They are the same thing, only the CMMC is much bigger and more fully devloped!

I wanted to write this letter openly to everyone to appologize for my ignorance of the whole CMMC! It seems I've gone and (unintentionally) reinvented it! Until I spoke to Matt today, I didn't know it was more than an expanded multi-player CM.

I think the idea is a great one, and I hope both RPG's succeed. Since the interest has been strong I definitely intend to continue running my RPG (which is starting now) at least until the CMMC really gets going.

For anyone who was interested in my RPG that didn't get a position and who still interested, I HIGHLY recommend you check the CMMC out. They have a much more comprehensive set of rules and I think there are some 50 Game Masters involved, so you won't have trouble finding help.

If anyone has any questions on how my RPG differs from the CMMC please post them here or email me.

For the record, I'm going to go sign up for the CMMC right now smile.gif

Thanks for reading,

- Pillar

No big Deal Pillar,

One of the reasons I've signed to join yours, started mine and Seahawks Multi-player game, am playing Jim's campaign, and play about 9 PBEM's at at time is simple.

They are "ALL" a hell of a lot of fun.

It really is as simple as that.

I look at all of these as ways to meet new people, make some friends, and just get better at the game.

Like right now my weak area is defense, I just suck at it (as a couple of my PBEM opponents will tell). So I play most of my PBEM games as the defense or at most meeting engagment. Purly for the practice. But PBEM is only a one on one experience. So if you screw up, you only hurt yourself.

The reason I play and have joined all of the multi-player options is my love of teamwork and to get ready for the Big Game CMMC.

No one knows who is who, or who is on what side. So I'm not worried about being flamed or bitched at personaly. But it would upset me to no end to know that I totaly screwed up and cost my side something important.There is a whole new element added when you know that your actions effect others.

Lorak

P.s. For those of you that havent thought of trying something like this yet... You really should. It is a whole new game and a ton of Fun!

------------------

"someone you trust is one of us"..........the illuminati

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring

I hope we were 50 frown.gif

But so far, I think your RPG concept is a great introductory to CMMC.

You could test rules and make quick games to learn how to use this.

I hope some kind of Academy, with a sort of light CMMC version could be done to prepare people to far more ambitious CMMC than the one we are developing now smile.gif

Your RPG system is a great learning tool for people interested in the CMMC.

Ariel

Pillar said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Conclusion? They are the same thing, only the CMMC is much bigger and more fully devloped! I wanted to write this letter openly to everyone to appologize for my ignorance of the whole CMMC! It seems I've gone and (unintentionally) reinvented it! Until I spoke to Matt today, I didn't know it was more than an expanded multi-player CM.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am rather heavily involved in developing CMMC, and I can say that I'm very, very glad you've got this RPG thing going.

I think your RPG and CMMC compliment each other perfectly. People will always want to play this sort of game, but as you now know, they are a LOT of work to set up. So I think it's great to have your simpler version available more frequently than full-blown CMMC campaigns. Were I not so busy writing CMMC rules, I'd be playing in your RPG without doubt.

There is a precedent for both types of campaigns, BTW. Over in MP flightsim land (AW, WB, and perhaps even AH by now), there are both types of campaigns. They work great together, with the small versions available every week or so and the big ones every few months. Most people who play in 1 type play in both.

So best of luck with the RPG thing. Maybe I can get in one later this year.

------------------

-Bullethead

It was a common custom at that time, in the more romantic females, to see their soldier husbands and sweethearts as Greek heroes, instead of the whoremongering, drunken clowns most of them were. However, the Greek heroes were probably no better, so it was not so far off the mark--Flashman

Guest Pillar

I'm very glad to hear that I didn't ruffle any feathers.

I appreciate all the positive support and hope the interest continues! The RPG is a total blast, even though I'm not even playing it! smile.gif Just "GMing" it is really neat.

Wonder who will win? wink.gif Bets anyone?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lorak:

No big Deal Pillar,

One of the reasons I've signed to join yours, started mine and Seahawks Multi-player game, am playing Jim's campaign, and play about 9 PBEM's at at time is simple.

They are "ALL" a hell of a lot of fun.

It really is as simple as that.

I look at all of these as ways to meet new people, make some friends, and just get better at the game.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lorak, could you suggest one that would fit my very tight schedule. I want to join one of these but don't want to ruin others game play if I'm not available for a couple day's.

Thanks.

Def,

I would suggest signing on to something like pillars RPG as a sub-commander like he suggested. Would be really hard to do with mine. In mine we are playing one big battle with 4 people controlling each side. So if you went Awol it would be hard on the rest.

Lorak

------------------

"someone you trust is one of us"..........the illuminati

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring

Hey,

Well I am currently signed up at Pillar's CM-RPG, but am also interested in the CMMC. If I miss all the "openings" for CMMC, will there be another chance for people to get positions? Will it "reset" after every battle or something? Because I may just want to play CM-RPG as more of an introductory before I get involved in a more "developed" ladder...

------------------

¤§ïѤ

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pillar:

...Wonder who will win? wink.gif Bets anyone?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Three smilies and an umlaut say the Mighty Axis (with a capital M) take out the feeble allies in Pillar's CM RPG!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Olduvai:

Three smilies and an umlaut say the Mighty Axis (with a capital M) take out the feeble allies in Pillar's CM RPG!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take out? No thanks, I don't like Chinese food. I think that you, my little German friend, are having delusions induced by too much cabbage in your diet. So I will see your wager, and raise you a tilde. The Allies will grind your little PansieGrenadiers into sausage. God bless America, Mom, and Apple Pie!

Guest Madmatt

Just a little CMMC update before I go, I just late last night posted a communication from Jeff Bailey on some open staff and GM positions still available in the CMMC. Swing by the Annex (which is the home for the CMMC) to read the details.

One last point. It doesn't say anywhere that you can't be enrolled in multiple RPG's!!! wink.gif

Have fun guys and I will cya next week!

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

Thanks for the suggestions.

Let me see how things go and I will probably join the next group of commanders. I don't want to get caught up in something I can't keep up with. It will just ruin it for the other folks. Hope this turns out to be fun experience for everyone.

------------------

Better to make the wrong decision than be the sorry son of a bitch to scared to make one at all

Originally posted by HoosierTreadHead:

The Allies will grind your little PansieGrenadiers into sausage. God bless America, Mom, and Apple Pie!

Capitalist Dog! A pox of a thousand strip malls upon your fruited plains! May the progeny of a million trailer parks vote in your elections! May a hundred Los Angeles devour what remains of your pathetic culture! Viva la revolucion!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Olduvai:

Capitalist Dog! A pox of a thousand strip malls upon your fruited plains! May the progeny of a million trailer parks vote in your elections! May a hundred Los Angeles devour what remains of your pathetic culture! Viva la revolucion!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey! Now you're getting personal. I am the progeny of a trailer park. I was just going to slap you krauts around a little and send you running home to Adolph with your tails between your legs. But now you've made me angry. At them boys, and crush the Nazi swine!

Guest Pillar

VB,

That better have been a deceptive move on your part, I'm sure the Axis commander doesn't want his force disposition being posted now does he? wink.gif

Actually, I very much appreciate VB's post and would like to invite any other Axis Commanders and Subcommander to post their assignments, force dispositions, operational orders and map grid locations.

And if that's too much trouble you can just email me directly.

smile.gif

L4Pilot

[This message has been edited by L4Pilot (edited 08-05-2000).]

Yeah, I mean that kind of information would be great eh pilot?

Too bad though they have not recieved their orders/commands yet. biggrin.gif

Though they will in a few hours. smile.gif

"Hans are you cold?

ya.

Then go over there and hit on that allied tank. You know they light first time, all the time!"