Killing Sherman Jumbos

Has anyone ever killed a Sherman Jumbo, with its front facing you with anything other than an 88mm?

Even with 88mm I get lots of front turret deflections (understandable).

Any help on tactics here?

It's tricky if not impossible to out flank Allied tanks with German tanks ON AVERAGE, understand, since the Allies have nice fast turrets which does not help.

The Sherman 75 seems to be something which Allied players can park on a hill and let it get shot at from the front without sweating much!!

Hi there,

About the Jumbos, my advice is "divide and conquer"...

Divide it's attention I mean...

If you find one in a relatively open area use one of your armored assets to divert it's attention ( anything larger than a Mark 4 should do the trick ).

While the two are exchanging shots aproach from the side/rear with another tank or a shreck to shoot at it's weaker armour.

Because of it's major flaw ( it's gun, mainly the 75 ) you can do this without much fear of loosing you diversion tank.

Another way : AT ambush, simpler and very effective...

Regards,

Pedro

Treat it as though you're trying to kill a tiger or panther. Either use an ambush, or flank it from two directions. Also, I recommend *Not* using the hunt command when hunting jumboes. Why not? Usually the hunt command results in both vehicles being hull down to each other, and hull down jumboes are impossible to kill. Instead, I use view 1 and manually find routes of advance and hull down positions, then use the move command.

------------------

No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. -Ender's Game

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Has anyone ever killed a Sherman Jumbo, with its front facing you with anything other than an 88mm?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. The thing I've had the most luck with is the 15cm sIG. Its shaped charge shell seems to do the trick fairly often, perhaps because its looping trajectory negates most of the slope effect of the Sherman's front armor. Also, occasionally things as small as a 75mm PAK will find a weak spot, even at 800m.

------------------

-Bullethead

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria.

My Jumbo was slayed by a Puppchen! smile.gif

Took about 4 shots to do it, but even the non-penetrating ones caused flaking.

------------------

Now, would this brilliant plan involve us climbing out of

our trenches and walking slowly towards the enemy sir?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Also, I recommend *Not* using the hunt command when hunting jumboes. Why not? Usually the hunt command results in both vehicles being hull down to each other, and hull down jumboes are impossible to kill. Instead, I use view 1 and manually find routes of advance and hull down positions, then use the move command.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh my God, an enemy Sherman Jumbo in some kind of hull down position does not bear thinking about!!

Still, their 75mm ain't much to think about against my tank of choice, a Tiger.

Just let them get close. Any inf with a panzerfaust will kill them, trust me. Other than that the Germans have plenty of good tank eaters. A panzer IV 70 would probably do the job fine. Remember, Jumbo's aren't all that good at killing tanks. It's the same gun that's on the little shermans. It just gets more than one shot.