German Rocket Question

We just finished a quick battle where my opponent thinks he had German 150mm RKT (sound right?). He targeted an area his spotter had LOS to. When the rockets fell, they were dropping all over the map. Should they be more accurate or is this normal for rockets. We were playing on a small map. Thanks.

Guest Michael emrys

There was extensive research done on this issue by Bullethead and others some months ago. I believe the consensus was something along the lines of keeping your men at least 500-600 meters away from the aiming point (more is better).

Michael

Rocket guidance technology in 1944-45 was not so hot.

My hard-learned experience with them is that you've got to target approx. 200m ahead of your position to have a reasonable expectation of not whacking your own guys.

They are horribly inaccurate but that's half the fun. After one game in which I used 300mm rockets, my opponent told me after the game was over that they gutted his armor force. I never knew that as his armor had not been spotted due to FoW. (In that game, I did target 175m ahead of my forward position and very nearly lost a rifle squad).

------------------

"Moriarty, you suck." -- Dunno, but somebody must've said it somewhere along the line

[This message has been edited by Moriarty (edited 12-29-2000).]