Be careful what you ask for

Guest Turret

Guest Turret

.....You might get it.

I waited and waited for CM and now that I've had it a few weeks I've found a dark side.

The Game sucks your life away from you and you do not notice it.

To such an extent that my wife, who normally teases me about "wasting time on games", actually hates it and told me to my face in no uncertain terms last night. She must have real intuition. Because she declares I love "that game" more than spending time with her. (the deathblow) I think I smell like I love CM or something??

Guys, they know when your cheating on them.

Despite daydreaming all day about my as-yet-unfinished Stavelot scenario I have to mellow out my CM time. I think it might be better than finding a baseball bat in my 21" monitor or worse.

This is truly a great game. But if you already ride the fence with your SO... watch out. This game is good enough and deep enough to put you on the wrong side. I know I still have so much more to do in CM, but I just have to realize that it will come in time. Rome was not built in a day and devising tactics to force the Tommies to find my flamethrowers the hard way does not have to happen before the sun rises.

My original point was don't complain about three figured 12 man squads or not having the East front too. The game is dangererous enough as it is.

Guest Big Time Software

Hehe... we hear you on that one! Ask around this house and you are likely to find a split opinion on if CM is a blessing or a curse. Remember, I've been living and breathing this thing for over 2 years smile.gif

Steve

Guest MantaRay

Well tonight I setup a quick battle for the wife. October 1944, US Airborne vs German Infantry, 600 point with the US on the attack. I set it to no fog of war, and there was no armor, but the Germans bought 3 75mm ATG and 1 20mm Flak (and was it setup in a sweet spot!)

I let the computer pick the US troops also, and I ended up with Glider platoons and lots of MMG's and 2 81mm Mortars (and the normal compliment of 60mm's too)

Well she was totally lost and was putting her troops by the trees in the beginning. She (after my screaming) learned to set the MG's at the treeline and rush the Glider squads up through what little cover there was.

Her troops took a beating by the fixed guns, and the Germans even had a rocket FO (not sure what size) but thank god I told her to get her squads to move. smile.gif

Well the blind artillery barages finally knocked out the 20mm Flak and 2 of the 75's, with her rushing a zook up to take out the last one.

She had fun, and got really upset when she lost men, but was really in awe of the German Arty Barage. I actually saw her jaw drop when the screen shook and she saw the ground fly around.

Well now she understands my love for the game a bit more, and soon I may have a live-in hotseat player. I think next time we will play one.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

New CM Site. In process of switching. Brought to you by Hardcore Gamers Daily

Hardcore Gamers Daily

Guest MantaRay

BTW, She got a 72-28 Major Victory with 64 wounded and 16 dead, while the Computer had 72 wounded and 19 dead. She also got 4 guns and the Art FO. I am really pround of her, and it just goes to show that women who bark orders to their men folk can also do very well on their first tour of duty in Normandy. smile.gif

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

New CM Site. In process of switching. Brought to you by Hardcore Gamers Daily

Hardcore Gamers Daily

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MantaRay:

I actually saw her jaw drop when the screen shook and she saw the ground fly around.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you want really cool, watch an arty barrage from the receiving end while sitting in an airplane being buffeted by turbulence!

Chuckle I can relate to this. Over dinner tonight my lady looks up at me as I am reading a book of minatures ww2 scenarios to convert to CM and says "so you got a good new game then?"

I am not getting the message so I continue to munch away, "uh hu" I mutter absently.

"You know if I dont start getting some attention I could accidentally format that hardrive." She says with a menacing tone.

I put down the book and give her 2 hours worth of my time. I have seen the signs of impending woman explosion before smile.gif

_dumbo

Hehehe, and I thought I was alone in the spousal neglect battlefield. Try getting your CM fix while getting ready for a week long beach trip, trying to coach 7-8 year olds play baseball every night of the week, and doing everything else that needs to get done around the house THEN see how much time is allocated to the wife smile.gif Not enough time....for CM that is smile.gif. I had to force myself to not even turn on the computer last night.

Now I have a week at the beach coming up to detox. Get a little R&R, build up those browny points for when I get back and ignore her again. smile.gif

------------------

Jeff Abbott

I feel like I'm with a bunch of amateurs here tongue.gif Why will I get to play CM a lot with no girlfriend interference? I tell you why. Because I've been hyping up this game for her for 9 months now. It doesn't take more than a few seconds every now and then. While eating dinner, out driving, sitting by the pc etc. Now she will feel selfish if she won't let me play it... oh it's so brilliant.

Guest Turret

Steve, Anytime your going down I95 please stop by Coastal Freeport for a game. My wife would totally understand that the producer/designer of the game came over and that would give me full licence to play all day!

(you had e-mailed me earlier when I asked if you lived around the corner. I guess Pisquatquis county is pretty much not around the corner, but I am your way to civilization, if you want to call it that)

Jim Barry