Exclusive CM2 screenshots and movies.......

Nice shots!

Actually, when you think of what big time did on a shoe string budget, shots like these may one day be realistic! For my part, I reckon that other developers will take note of CM innovation. And I can't wait for the mods! SOMEONE MAKE A CAMPAIGN GAME! This is the only area in which Big Time short-changed us.

C.

Guest Pillar

Hey... how'd those get out to the public. Crap, better let Steve and Charles know.. man, they're going to be bummed about this.

The cat's out of the bag.

wink.gif

Guest Rommel22

Aren't those shots from the achtungpanzer.com site??? I seen those there before. Well I seen those on the site about a year ago.

Have you all seen the engine driving Motorcross Madness 2? It is incredible. Not to slam BTS in ANY way, CM is a beauty, but imagine playing CM2 with the MM2 engine. Whew! Seems like we would see tanks that look like the models on this website.

TeAcH

Guest herbjorn

Hope they make a new 3D engine for CM2 that would scale up to division level wink.gif

Bump-mapping for the vehicles would be cool.

If cm2 is on a 1-1,5yrs developmen cycle (just my guess), they could have the minimum specs at

-geforce2mx (for both mac and pc)

-P-3 800, T-bird 800, or Mac equivalent

-128 mb ram

Short changed us? Don't think so. Campaign games at this scale are extremely unrealistic. If you do a search on campaign, you will see why operations were put in and not campaigns.

Rune

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Calvin:

Nice shots!

Actually, when you think of what big time did on a shoe string budget, shots like these may one day be realistic! For my part, I reckon that other developers will take note of CM innovation. And I can't wait for the mods! SOMEONE MAKE A CAMPAIGN GAME! This is the only area in which Big Time short-changed us.

C.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those sure are purty screenshots! I think the detail in CM is way good on the vehicles - remember what has been available before!

As for scaling CM up to division level, I prefer the horrifying intimacey of the company / platoon level tactics. Playing on divisional level would be more like a game of RISK, I think. "This model represents an armoured brigade, this model represents a battery of 105mm".

But CM with the graphics in the screenshots - it'll come one day! :^)

Guest herbjorn

No, no, you misunderstood me. In CM2 I would like to play FROM company/battalion UP TO division level (or brigade would do nicely, too). It should still be tactical, but with lots more troops, tanks etc.

An alternative, would be to implement this in CM2, but mainly use it in multiplayer. Say, two brigades face off, each side could be controlled by 8 players, roughly one player per 1-2 battalions. The players would have to cover each others flanks etc.

One player could be the brigade commander on each side, responsible for coordinating. You`d fight it out on huge maps (30km*30km?), say player 1 on side 1 got a mission from his brigade commander to take a particular hill. Once he has done that, he`d get another assignement from his brigade commander based on the current situation. Perhaps to support the flank of player 2 on the same team, who is making a spearhead attack with his battalion(s).

The important thing is, this all happens on the same big map. So after finishing giving your orders, you could check out what your fellow players battalions are up to.

The front:

1 1

2 2

3 3

B.commander1 4 4 B.com2

5 5

8 8

1-8 assists 1-7 in dealing with 2-7s

battalions and routing him.