I can wait for TCP/IP but...

pritzl

I'm very much looking forward to TCP/IP; however, that's a feature I don't mind waiting for. What I'm wondering is if we're going to see a patch in the meantime to address other issues. Namely, the reduction in offroad speed and spotting abilities for wheeled vehicles, the hulldown issue with vehicles, any possible cost changes for equipment, and whatever other tweaks I can't think of at the moment.

I just don't want to have to wait for TCP/IP to finally see these other, easily fixed, issues cleared up. I much prefer more freaquent updates that fix bugs or make corrections as they are found rather than waiting indefinately for an arbitrary reason such as x number of fixes or inclusion of some new feature, e.g. TCP play.

my $.02

Yes there seems to be a bug where if 1 tank is hull down to another tank they will both actually be hull down to each other. This can be a game breaker as an experienced player moving under cover from hull down postion to hulldown positin really gains no advantage over a twat running armour around in the open.

While it would be nice for BTS to e able to concurrently deal with design issues, bug fixes ect, I support BTS's current plan to not release any more patches until TCP/ip is in the bag.

The main reason for me is not because I want it badly. I do, but the reason is this. TCP/ip was a promised feature for CM. I think that until TCP/ip is done, BTS isn't going to do any major coding for CM2. So the sooner that they finish up TCP/ip, the sooner that can start crafting thier next masterpiece.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KiwiGrunt:

Just curious, why is TCP/IP taking so long? Its pretty much a standard feature of this type of game these days so I wouldn't have thought the coding would be such a big deal.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the main delay or prolonging in getting this completed is just the complex way CM handles its turn/execution phases as opposed to other games like RTS's and RPGs.

------------------

All that sleeps, awakens...

All that awakens, hungers...

All that hungers, feeds...

Mikeydz,

This has nothing to do with CM2. I'm saying that if they have things that they've already fixed, then don't hold up a patch just because a feature, not a bug fix, is holding up the release.

Are you saying you would rather have a buggy version of CM and then get CM2 sooner? You know, a lot of companies (not BTS) work that way. Then they release version 3 with all the bugs from version 2 included. I would rather have a game that works 100% as intended and never get a sequel than to have a pile of games on the shelf all with their own set of little quirks that just make them annoying to play.

So, I say take your time and get things right before moving on to CM2. What the hell is the big rush?

Ya see I am the resident TCP/IP crybaby. My feelings are devote all patch making time on TCP/IP. Then go back and tweak things. There is no more important thing than TCP/IP to me right now for this game. I can live with strange hull down behavior and spotting jeeps and such. With the exception of bugs that would cause the game to crash getting TCP/IP is much much much more important than those other things.

------------------

"To conquer death you only have to die" JC