The Beheaded Panzer IV driver

Not a rip on the game at all, but I know how we all like to tout this game's attention to detail. I was playing the other day, when I saw that my Panzer IV had stopped and traversed the turret completely around to shoot at a target to its rear. The unbuttoned driver's upper torso and head was merged/mashed under the rear of the turret above him.

This raised a couple of questions in my mind. For instance, does the driver have to button up for the turret to face to the rear? And if so, did that limit the tanks's forward obervation capabilities? Does CM model this?

Thanks

TeAcH

Thanks Kevin. No doubt the guy would remember to duck, the game showed his head stuck through the turret. That's what I was pointing out. You bet I can live with it as is. This is a fine fine game and the best I own.

Cheers,

TeAcH

no you guys are wrong. the germans lost more tank commanders because they forgot to duck before the hatch closed. i think somewhere around 4235 commanders got killed in WW2 because of this fatal mistake.

p.s. if anyone beleives this message go shut yourself in a hatch and die : )

shhhhh pvt_ryan no sarcasm allowed around that teach guy.

I actuality the driver would seldom have his head exposed in combat, only the commander would have his head out. IIRC the drivers head graphic when unbuttoned in CM is there merely as a visual aid to make it easy to see the tank is unbuttoned. AFAIK small arms or shrapnel injuries to the driver when unbuttoned are not modelled only the commander. Personally I would like to see only the commanders head out as that is more realistic.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Formerly Babra:

Haven't seen it happen in a long while, but there were earlier reports (and one experience) of Tanks being immobilized by a sharpshooter, presumably with a driver hit.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have managed to cause 'shocked' tanks by using sharpshooters. The tanks button up and occasionally bolt backwards smile.gif

I've also lost a commander moving fast in woods. I think he met a tree smile.gif

Seeya!