Allied tanks done

The extra bit of sharpening, shading and highlighting has really paid off.

improvedallied.jpg

That's a Sherman IIa in front and a churchill coming up alongside.

Also managed to finish the stewart and M8 Howitzer mc:

m8how.jpg

I'll hold off till the end of this week before releasing these, as Madmatt just posted the first series yesterday.

-johnS

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 08-22-2000).]

Guest Rollstoy

Looking at this sweet M8 I wonder if you really are the one who wrote that photorealism is not easily achievable!

Changed your mind in the meantime wink.gif?!

Congrats on a great job,

Thomm

The german vehiles really need the foliage look! Most pictures I see showed extensive foliage application because of the allied air threat, too bad that can't be done. Maybe by CM2 that will be a possibility. I'd love to see the possibility of breaking up the sillouette lines, could even work to improve HIDE for a vehicle. Also someone mentioned areials for command tanks, etc. From the support I've seen from BTS I suspect if these improvements surface in later versions of CM there's a good chance of them being patched into CMBO.

------------------

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!

[This message has been edited by Goofy (edited 08-23-2000).]

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

A very nice try with the foliage. I'm right there with wishing for sandbags also. Are you going to post those great Darth Vader grey paint jobs for the Germans? I grabbed the Jagdpanter, Panther, and Tiger when you posted them but they are gone now. I saw the PZKW IV's that you did and I want them badly. I don't care if they are not perfectly realistic, they look super scairy. Time to blast that Imperial March from Star Wars when 10 dark and evil tanks drive out of the fog. MuhHAHAAHHA.

The tracks on that Sherman in the first pic are almost perfect. Tank tracks come painted from the factory, but the paint wears off quickly and they can get pretty rusty. The end connectors get rusty too. I've seen tracks on real tanks that were solid rust except for the pads.

That Churchill may be the best yet. The side has a real 3-D look to it (due to good shading).

The only overall suggestion I'd make would be to make the lower hull sides (inside the tracks) a little darker. They wouldn't often get direct light.

I just noticed the shading on the lower tranny housing on that foliage Sherman. Excellent, just excellent.

-- Mike Zeares

Hey Tiger... looks awsome, when are the Jerries up for a new paint job? almost getting anoyed at the spanking new look they have... that or I'll give it a try to splash some of my grahpic design talant on them.. anyone have a good site on German cammo paterns?