To people with no 3D cards!!!!!!!

I have a voodoo1 add-on video card in one computer and that's where I play most of my PBEM games. I have also an 8 mg ATI rageIIc card with limited 3D in my other computer where I sometimes play the games when my kids are using the better computer.

The images of infantry and tanks are larger than normal but I find it extremely more easier to be able to find the enemy without changing the map position all the time.

The Tiger looks to be the same size as a Maus making it even more menacing smile.gif

I have a 3d card with only 4megs vdram

The game plays great;however,compering wiht

the screenshots from TGN my trees don't have

trunks and the roads are not totally continuous you can see the division between then.The buildings look just the same so do

the tanks.

I hoping that with all those new improvements

to the game the fps stay the same "gulp"

I don't know if mine is 3D or not. Nor do I care, the demo runs just fine. smile.gif But maybe all you techies can help me out with it. It's an S3 Savage 4 w/32 MB RAM. Is that 3D?

(Can't believe I have an electronics engineering diploma... rolleyes.gif )

------------------

Floreat Jerboa !

Babra - are trying to take us for a ride confused.gif

Should have bought a Geforce DDR tongue.gif

I guess everyone has a 3d card of some sort....I have an old trident 2d card with 2megs...might try that!

Tom Servo? Punkrawk - I hear you don't have a 3d card - c'mon tell us what you see compared to my screenshots and others at TGN?

biggrin.gif

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my music while your there! :P

Well, I've been playing with out a 3D card 9and up until recently, on a 150 MHz machine :P ) The textures are much blockier, but thats about it. You just miss out on all the great details when you get up close. From far away, units don't look that much different... The terrain graphics are far blockier too.. Still, nothing that detracts from the game.

Well, I do some pbem turns from work (don't tell). smile.gif I don't have a 3d card there. graphics aren't that bad. somewhat blocky. Where i see the big problem is in movie playback. its real jurky and the camera doesn't move as well at all. Then again could be this machine too. CM isn't the only thing running while playing.

I have an old voodoo 3000 at home. No problems there what so ever. In fact it kicks butt.

Lorak

------------------

"A stupid man dies a stupid death."

http:/clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Woo...

Uh, well first of all there's about a 3 second delay between when I click the mouse and when the game responds...

The graphics are blocky, I can't see any explosions from arty or mortars, etc... I rarely see any tracers and never any shells.

The play backs are choppy...

When I change camera views it takes a few seconds...

But I might have a video card in a couple months, I have to spend most of my money on reenacting stuff.

------------------

Formally Tom punkrawk

"Tomorrows killed by yesterday..." -Link80

WHat torture tom! biggrin.gif

Actually I'll try turning accleration to zero in the performance tab in Windows, System Control Panel applet, see if that works :P

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my music while your there! :P

I downloaded the demo about two weeks ago and last week I bought a 3D-card. Haven´t done much else since then.. biggrin.gif

I runs much faster/smoother and its much easier to see the terrain features and decide if you can move hidden from the enemy´s wiev.