Annoying newbie question...

Hi all, S!

You have all forged a great forum here; congratulations. The folks are helpful and knowledgeable.

I have a question about the "new" versions of some tanks that I have downloaded. The file says to copy them to the BMP folder, and that is no problem, but are the old ones gone for good? There are 2 different Tiger I (late) included in one pack that I have; one is winter white. How do I select between the two? I am familiar with changing skins in European Air War, so this isn't exactly new to me, but I want to know before I do something I cannot undo.

Thanks in advance for your help smile.gif

------------------

Capt. Byron Crank, US Army

The winter skins are all preceded with the number 1. So, if there's snow on the ground the game is smart enough to look for the skins with a 1 in front (e.g., 1408.bmp vs. 408.bmp). Other than that, yes, if you write over the bmp, it's gone for good unless you were to back it up as something else first (e.g., jla408.bmp for the 408.bmp skin in the previous example).

------------------

Jeff Abbott

Correction on the numbers, the winter mods are 10,000 plus numbers, so a hypothetical 408 bmp's winter version would be 10408, not 1408.

While the new bmp's overwrite the old, the orig's are of course available on the orig CD. I always keep original copy of mods that I DL'd so that if I do not like changes or feel like changing I can do so and revert if I need to

------------------

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers"

-- King Henry VI, Part II, Act 4, sc.2, l.86

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Clark:

Yes, dragging and dropping the BMP folder from the CD is easy as cake (whatever that means). I've done it three times myself. Same goes for the Wav folder...

Can you tell I have seriously messed up my Mods in the past?

Now I just stick to the defaults.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Piece of cake. Easy as pie. smile.gif