Cable Modem!!!! (off topic)

It's fun to become a bandwidth abuser, and see how your attitude toward downloading changes: "Hey, cool, this demo is only 87 meg!"

I have also learned that I will never be satisfied. I had a meeting this week with a new company that is building an all-fiber network, and their plans include our area. Once they are done, it should be 10 megabit data service to the home. Woohoo, bring it on!

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

I hate those damn Telecommunications companys. How much money can the government give you? and Still they drag their feet on installing more fiberoptics. If you lived where I do you would understand.

I've had Sprint FastConnect (ADSL) in my area for several months now....needless to say I was one of the first to sign up! The cable company here has been DRAGGING their feet providing cable modem service (another 18 months they say). Well they lost one customer to DSL....

------------------

"You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"

--Dr. Strangelove--

I have DSL at home, here in Nova Scotia Canada.

It's great! Now I can't understand how I could survive before with my 14400 modem...

The fastest download speed I've seen so far is 130K/sec from the SUN Microsystems web site, while downloading Star Office. That's about 8M/minute.

After a while the bottleneck is the server at the other end, not your own PC. biggrin.gif