Still no tungsten?

Guest Madmatt

What was the target aspect angle? Which Sherman model? Do you have a save file?

I just ran a test and at 200-300 meters a M4A3 (76) with only two rounds of Tungsten used them right off the bat on a King Tiger.

Might want to try with b23 but the Tungsten issue was fixed earlier.

Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

That's what I just tested, headon with a A3(76) and he fired the Tungsten immediately.

Let me know if you see this again. I suppose there may still be a *chance* that they won't use Tungsten at once but I sure haven't seen that happen since it was tweaked.

Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pak40:

Suppose the KT isn't positivly idenified as a KT. Will the sherman still use his tungsten knowing that he may be wasting it on a lesser tank? Is this factored in CM?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good question. Matt? Steve? Charles?

Guest Madmatt

From what I have seen the unit reacts to threat by what it believes the unit is at that time.

In a test I just did, several King Tigers were misidentified as normal Tigers and the Sherman (76's) kept using AP as they thought they had a good chance to kill them. Once the truth of the King Tigers was established, (and I mean the SECOND it was established!) they switched to Tungsten... smile.gif

Madmatt

Not if I was the tank commander. It'd be shoot tungsten until out. Then have engine trouble smile.gif

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Drill instructor addressing class.

"Ok you see this", he says holding up a photograph of a German tank. "It's on a hill 100 yards high and 750 yards away. Which ammo do you use?"

The sound of pages being hurriedly turned over as cadets flip through their "Ammunition Selection Book". I cadet bruts out "APBC!"

Instructor: "Wrong. This is a Mark IV Ausf D not F!"

"APC"

"Wrong - the evelation changes the angle of penetration."

"APCNR?"

"Yes, finally someone got it right. OK close your books and we'll try another one."

Here's a real poser:

Suppose I have a Sherman with some T rounds. I draw a LOS to an enemy tank and get hit % and kill chance (say kill chance is GOOD). During the turn, the Sherm fires all its T without a hit, and neither vehicle moves. Next turn, will the kill chance be adjusted to match the normal AP chance?

DjB