Top Ten Things for CM 2

1) Goering unit - a fat sieg heiling character would bring instant morale bonuses when present. Especially when running for cover, screaming like a little girl.

2) Chuck Wagons - fighting makes a man hungry! Didn't soldiers in WWII eat? Where are the wagons?

3) Virtual string, slide rule, damage template - I don't feel like a grognard unless I can see 3D models of all of these.

4) Sniper View - I want to look through the X-hairs of my sniper unit. Then hit OK, and watch as the sniper scans the battlefield and when he settles on the prone body of another sniper, and is shot at that exact moment through his sight. That would be K00L!

5) Grand Fenwick volunteers - Like many small countries, Grand Fenwick participated in the crusade against fascism by declaring war on Germany. Including units of medieval archers with spectacles will at last recognize the important, if symbolic, contribution of these brave people.

6) Support for Half Life: Counterstrike maps - Although the tile-based nature of CM maps might make it difficult to import maps created for Counterstrike using Worldcraft, it would combine the most popular first person online game with the best example of turn-based wargame currently available.

7) Decapitation / no decapitation mode - If decapitation settings are on, the depiction of casualties will take on a grisly, realistic tone to show how terrible warfare will be. Points for animations that make the player actually barf and fill their pants at the thought of being forced to send one more move to their merciless, hated PBEM opponents. Doesn't work in Win2k because of crappy implementation of D3D.

8) Hitler's armoured car - only one of these was made so don't risk it! It has to survive the war so that it can be displayed in a museum! Costs 3000 points.

9) Xmas scenario - Takes place Christmas Eve in a winter wonderland. Pine trees frosted with snow. Germans and Tommies stare out from trenches over a no man's land. Suddenly, a song breaks out. It's "Silent Night." The Germans respond. Everyone gets out and begins to play football.

10) Court Martials in results screen - Every player has experienced exasperation when one of their units turns coward or does something so stupid they endanger the outcome of the battle. Now you can click on the 'court martial' button and have the satisfaction of seeing them shot in disgrace. German officers are allowed to take poison.

[This message has been edited by Disaster@work (edited 07-26-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fionn:

I actually like the court martial button wink.gif.

Right now I have a few Panther crewmen I could use it on.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In operations mode it actually will make sense. Summary executions all around might improve some units.

Guest Rommel22

I want my Muas tank, now.

Or I'll settle for a E100. Both would be great.

I support the courtmartial option. Sometimes i get so frustrated at some units that I wish they were killed by the enemy. this would work.

(serious here) How about to fight on different maps. Say entire Operations. Like operation barbarosa. You have number of huge maps linked. The last one could be moscow. If you do really good on all the maps, you can reach moscow. this would give players days of gameplay. So if the enemy surrenders on the map you move on t next one. if they don't you have to kill them all or you can try to bypaass them using exit points. Well you still would have to kill most of them or if thee is to many of them behind your lines it would lower your supply status. Well the supply thing might be to much, but i think the linking map thing should be good.

How about using the abandoned vehicles left by the enemy in a battle. If the vehicle isn't damaged you can use it. I don't mean during the battle, but after the battle ends and the vehicle is behind your lines. You get to keep the vehicle. So if you don't want the enemy to keep the vehicle for the next battle you destroye them before the battle ends, by the crew.

Well about the goering thing it would be good for all. You can have Guderian, Manstein, Paulus. They would be a morale booster. They can have their own command vehicles which are more armored than regular vehicles.

A multiplayer site. Like mplayer or something would be great. Or over icq, well TCP/IP.

So I don't have to wait a whole day for another turn to arrive from my opponent. I know this has been discussed by I though I mentioned it.

Well for now I can't come up with more. I am sure others will. I hope BTS reads this!!!

------------------

Russian tactics as said by von Mellenthin "Bridge heads everywhere"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lorak:

oooh..

A court martial button. Yes I've wanted that one a time or two. Lucky for me most of the soldiers I need it for have already died due to thier foolishness..

Lorak

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who's foolishness? smile.gif

who's? theirs of course.

I don't blame my men for my stupidity.

But when you go thru great lenghts to set up a nice ambush for you guys and

A) the shreck team misses 4 shots at under 40 meters at an AFV in open terrain...

B) your tank in a nice hull down position gains a great ambush at less than 200 meters, and misses 3 times for the others turret swings and brews him up...

Those are the ones that need a court martial.

Lorak

------------------

"someone you trust is one of us"..........the illuminati

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring

Guest Mirage2k

If there's cheese rations then I demand nachos...and salsa, if available.

-Andrew

------------------

Throw me a frickin' smiley, people!

I wish one of these salsa companies would get off their asses and make a salsa ketchup.

Basically a salsa but that is thick like ketchup(not chunky salsa). Would be great to dip things in, or put on burgers ect...

Lorak

What I'd like to see...

SS HQ morale boost

Basically, when any squad breaks and runs past the SS HQ unit, the officer whips out his Luger and blasts the squad leader in the head. The squad immediately returns to unbroken, possibly fanatical status, and charges back into the fray... minus 1 member.

Guest Rommel22

anyhting serious o here???

What do people really want to see in CM2.

------------------

Russian tactics as said by von Mellenthin "Bridge heads everywhere"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rommel22:

anyhting serious o here???

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My gods, you mean your previous post here was serious?!

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

CM3 "The IF Factor". It would be comprised of a bunch of scenario's that may have occured through history or the future such as...

1."America Invades"...Bush goes on a rampage and invades an unknown landmass to the north of the United States, Finding Canada...'nuff said

2. "Scenario '68" Hippies turn violent and attack the Whitehouse...can you club Nixon with your squads armed with peace signs and golf clubs...remember if youre morale gets too low you can always give your men "glorified cigarettes"!

3."Cold War 55-90" Basically you sit and watch the other guy until 1990 when soviet union has trouble...p.s Go across border and there will be widespread use of the "Tactical nuke" {how the hell is a nuke tactical...}

4. Area 51, lead an assualt team armed with cameras and slingshots as they try to enter area 51 {Turns out to be a military latrine making station}

5.Riot 2001....Lead your fellow Rioteers and destroy....what city is on the verge of collapse....mmmmm.....Buffalo NY! Ya destroy buffalo! Can you vandalize the city over 30% before the national guard comes!?

6. "CM Factor"...People waiting for CM2 go insane! They attack BTS and try to steal copies, but Steve,Charles and their friends Matt and Fionn have a suprise waiting for these insane hordes!

I think the courtmartial button would make me a worse player. I still remember when my FULL platoon of Canucks routed with only 3 casualties. They ran clear to the rear areas and the Germans got to the exit points.

I would have shot every one of those mofos.

It would be cool if you could have an execution movie. Like for my Wehrmacht coward who ran up a hill attracting every American on the map, and ran straight into a hidden platoon of reinforcements that had a Panther with them. The USA called in arty and mortars to kill that one guy, instead killing everyone BUT him. He got away.

I'd like to play a ten turn game with my SS "doctors" and I get to play the movie of them shoving needles in his eyes, putting salt on his genitals and bringing a horse into the room, and then strapping him as an extra few inches of armor to my Company CO's Halftrack. Maybe with the extra padding they wont bail out too quick. At least it will have a morale lowering effect on the USA, like the Stuka sirens, heraring his excruciating shriekings as we rub a rusty cheese grater all over his body while we drive.

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Disaster@work:

9) Xmas scenario - Takes place Christmas Eve in a winter wonderland. Pine trees frosted with snow. Germans and Tommies stare out from trenches over a no man's land. Suddenly, a song breaks out. It's "Silent Night." The Germans respond. Everyone gets out and begins to play football.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...Then the gas shells begin to fall.

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fionn:

I actually like the court martial button wink.gif.

Right now I have a few Panther crewmen I could use it on.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would prefere the "Send to Penal Battalion" button... could be a good rationale for using trucks for recon (at least this is how I justify my very unfair "Recon Trucks Death Brigade" in PBEM games!! biggrin.gif )

Guest grunto

--You can have Guderian, Manstein, Paulus. --

i like 'papa' hoth.

i wonder what effect the manstein vehicle would have on the troops nearby. i've heard that command tanks had a wooden cannon because the turret contained a map and radios.

andy