Hey Madmatt,

I'm the medic for the Swedish champions (three years running!) in American Football, Stockholm Mean Machines.

I love the game. Don't ask me which I love most, CM or football, my mind would probably crash to desktop over such an impossible decision.

For 11 years, one of our tv-channels, TV3, have been airing the SuperBowl. This year, they decided it ain't worth it.

That means no SuperBowl AT ALL!!

I don't think I really had a point with all this, other than to say to all you guys that CAN see it: I really, really envy you.

I'll just go on feeling sorry for myself, while I continue the no-huddle-offense that being the doctor on call for 8 psychiatric wards is.

Couldn't some US naval vessel with the mother of all transmittors onboard broadcast the game over Sweden? Call it 'Cultural charity' or something? smile.gif

Sten

[This message has been edited by Sten (edited 01-30-2000).]

I think the superbowl is on right now.. but i dunno, we're watching some stupid movie...

let me know when the Stanley Cup is on..

damnit.. it wouldn't except my password so i changed my name..

------------------

Formally Tom punkrawk

"Tomorrows killed by yesterday..." -Link80

"Faith Hill singing the national anthem" is the point of watching. I don't need even know who she is (pop culture-impaired) but I want to be her clothes.

And while being raised as a Lions' fan certainly doesn't pique one's interest in Superbowls, the commercials are worth dashing in for. I'll take Rams.

Guest Madmatt

Ok, I am getting kinda tired of answering this questions espicially as its apparent that you guys arent READING what it says on the site.

The CMHQ at a Glance table will still bring up the old pictures that have already come and gone (until the reference in the table is gone anyway) READ what it says above the Table. Click on the text to drop down to the update on that same page, click on the LINK graphic to go directly to the picture(or page/feature whatever!) Fridays POTD is still available via that table, you just have to pay a little more attention....

I am sorry if I sound like a prick here but I have answered this same question about a hundred times already!!!

The Potd archives will be update WEEKLY, not daily. Every Friday I will add the past weeks POTDS into it. The CMHQ at a glance table will usually have at least 12 of the previous headlines in it each night so you will usually have 3 or four old POTD still reachable using the table.

That table severs a purpose...USE IT! wink.gif

Madmatt out... smile.gif

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

Guest Madmatt

Ok, let me show you it this way...

Look at the 'At a Glance Table". Ok in the second column therre is a headline that says:New POTD" ok, that is fridays headline. If you click on the underlined part it will drop you down to the update for Friday. Now you are saying "ok, great Matt, Now I have READ the update how do I see the picture?!?" ok thats were the second link in the tanle comes in. Next to where it says :New POTD" you will see a little graphic of a LINK chain (kinda looks like a Panzerfaust graphic) Ok, if you click the graphic the actual picture will load. That is what I call a DIRECT LINK. The table can do two things for you:

#1 Click on the underline link and drop down to the actual update (Thats the text part, where I talk about what has been updated etc...)

#2 Click on the LINK graphic (when there is one) and be taken DIRECTLY to whatever the update was. So if the update was a new hero then that graphic link will take you right to THAT hero. If it was an article BOOM click the graphic and zip right into the ARTICLE. These are called DIRECT LINKS cause they dont go to the index (like most of the old links did) but take you instead RIGHT to the very feature...The disadvantage with these is that you may miss out on info from the update page, so thats I have put both types of links in...

That clear it up some? I don't know of any other site that uses links like this so I suppose I can understand why people may be confused by this. Although I DID explain it when I first rolled this out last week..No matter..I wasn't pissed at you, just been a long day...Try it out, I think you will like the flexibilty that the Headline table will give you...

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 01-30-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 01-30-2000).]