'soon to be locked down' philosophical discussion

So, come one come all, except for that Chai Tea guy, and join in the row to end all rows.

Think evolution is just a load of horse puckey??? I want to hear your silly argument.

Never knew that our government fed little retarded kids plutonium in their corn flakes??? I want to hear your shock.

Don't know existensialism from post-modern humanism??? I want to mock you.

Think I'm a pompous, mean-spirited jerk who would be better off loaded into Dora and fired into the Baltic??? Well, that's just mean.

------------------

Did someone compare this to the Ealing comedies? I've shot people for less.

-David Edelstein

Ah, Meeks, like the moth to the flame, like the turkey buzzard to the rotting carcass, like the manic-depressive to the hydro-therapy, you are once again moved to post weird c'mons to all takers. As a Minnesotan, all I can ask is: Are you trying to make this into one of your cesspools? As I had cause to say to Peng recently: Meeks is as crazy as a treeful of rats...

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

No offense, but I don't think BTS appreciates this at all. This is a company web board, not yahoo chat. smile.gif

I appreciate your desire for philosophic discourse, but it's best served elsewhere.

This is how my previous thread got locked up, because a few of you insisted on turning it into a philosophic debate.

BTS is running out of locks. wink.gif

What's odd is how people post, yet they don't post about the topics. To qoute Mary Chestnut, "Are they stupid? Or are they smarter than we?" For the answer, though, I look to Mr. Jefferson, "They're stupid."

Nothing personal but you guys just don't seem to understand the form. I say something inflammatory, you say, "Gee, blah blah blah," and I laugh at your pitiful, populist stand. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

If you'd like, I could give lessons.

------------------

-David Edelstein

Whoops, apolagies to Seanachai (I can't believe I'm saying this). I read your post too quickly and accidentally thought it a negative stab towards me (you have done such things before). ANyway after reading it once more, I found this was not the case (damn, I cannot believe I am doing this).

------------------

Ah scheist.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pillar:

No offense, but I don't think BTS appreciates this at all. This is a company web board, not yahoo chat.

This is how my previous thread got locked up, because a few of you insisted on turning it into a philosophic debate.

B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait a second Pillar;

Your the one who started the Objectivist topic....

What, were we not supposed to discuss philosophy on a subject like "ANY OBJECTIVIST HERE"?

Nobody got that thread locked sept for the topic.

------------------

The counter-revolution,

people smilling through their tears.

Who can give them back their lives, and all those wasted years.

Pillar, you're a mook. If BTS bans me for this innocuous thread, then I will make sure to spread lots of sissy-boy rumors about you all across the Web. Go by a dictionary, look up the word, "All in good fun," and then, if you feel ready, post on the cesspool.

Because if you don't I'll twist your head around one time for every letter of the alphabet until I get to the letter of my love, the beautiful Elizabeth, and then I'll tear it clean off and roll it down the pike like a bowling ball.

Oh, and I challenge you to a PBEM match.

Ha HA!

------------------

-David Edelstein

DEF BUNGIS

Actually, if you want to write to Steve he can confirm that the topic was not locked down because of me, but rather because of the philosophical battle that OTHERS turned it into. I've talked to him privately regarding this.

You really should do some research to avoid embarrasing yourself.

Here's a quote for you written by ME in that very thread.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>However, this *IS* a forum about war and Combat Mission and we shouldn't try to spark any sort of philosophical debate, nor should we be using this forum to explain our beliefs to others.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good try though. wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Pillar (edited 09-01-2000).]

Let it be known that an entire case of Whupass has been carted up to me, labeled "For Pillar," and I will proceed to open it, can by can over the course of the next few days. I pity the poor bastard, I really do.

------------------

-David Edelstein

Yes Fionn was banned from posting here due to some differences that couldn't be resolved.

I miss his contribution. It just goes to show that anyone can get banned if you don't follow the guidelines set out by BTS in the forum rules.

I don't want to see Elijah go too, as he's usually quite a good guy.

However, I now must pulverize him through pbem using the secret "PaK GRBHMSTR 600mm" an enormous cannon that shoots Gerbils and Hamsters by the tonne.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pillar:

DEF BUNGIS

Actually, if you want to write to Steve he can confirm that the topic was not locked down because of me, but rather because of the philosophical battle that OTHERS turned it into. I've talked to him privately regarding this.

[This message has been edited by Pillar (edited 09-01-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ohhhh. So he actaully said, "I locked up this thread cause Elijah and DEF were not obeying the rules"?

Cmon' Pillar, he was just trying to make you feel good.

Don't be so gullable.

------------------

The counter-revolution,

people smilling through their tears.

Who can give them back their lives, and all those wasted years.

Meeks!

back to the mutha beautiful thread pronto! you'll never make it out here. these vultures will pick your bones clean. take your meds like a good boy. that's it - some nice zoloft, and a few of these red ones. they've always worked for me. now keep your head down and don't let steve or charles see you. that's a good laddie. OK. SenileTea? GRAB HIM!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

Let it be known that an entire case of Whupass has been carted up to me, labeled "For Pillar," and I will proceed to open it, can by can over the course of the next few days. I pity the poor bastard, I really do.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MEEKS, YOU HORRIBLE LITTLE MAN! YOU THINK YOU'RE READY TO PLAY THIS SORT OF GAME, DO YOU LADDIE?! WELL, AS FAR AS THE OTHER MEMBERS HERE ARE CONCERNED, THE LIGHTS ARE ON, BUT NO ONE'S HOME EXCEPT THE DOG, BARK! BARK! BARK! BARKING MAD, THAT IS!

Now, Meeks, you've found a happy little homeland that accepts, in it's own weird way, your eccentricities. You don't want to be coming out here and poking a stick at Board members until someone feels the best bet is to shoot you through both lungs. This could just be the twelve pak of mixed ales talking (I'm speaking of me, laddie, not you, you've gone way past the two-four), but I think you should take the cheese, and ignore what's behind abusing other Board members #3 and just ease back into the Cesspool. There's a way to go about teasing, and there's a way of going about pissing people off, and I think you want to come get some more PBEMs in the Peng Challenge thread. Lock downs and angry people arent' a measure of success, don't you know. 'Scuse us, all, while we try and ease this fellow out to where he can't do himself any harm... smile.gif

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.