Newbie Question

CMplayer

I'm fairly new to TacOps but am enjoying it very much. I'm still learning the commands, though I have finally managed to win that tricky scenario where you raid the terrorist camp with helos. smile.gif Anyway here is my question:

I've had units stack close to the right hand edge of the map, and when I click on the stack, the 'spread' of counters goes off the map to the right, but the units that are beyond the map edge are invisible. So I haven't been able to give those units orders. Is this a bug? Or is there some workaround to 'reach' those units?

I tried using combining and loading orders to make the stack smaller, but it was an unsatisfactory solution.

Thx for any help,

First try to scroll the map so that the units are not at the edge of the screen anymore. The edge of the screen may not be the real edge of the map.

If that doesn't work then change to a different (smaller?) size for the unit markers.

If you are truely at the real edge of the map and the stack does not recognize the problem and automatically go in the opposite direction from normal spreadout then that would be a bug.

Thanks for the tips. It was the scenario Team Murray, and there was definitely no more map to scroll to. I had a stack at the southern tip of the forest (objective area) and when I clicked on the stack it 'fanned right' off the edge. iMac OS 9.1. A bit frustrating, but if it happens again I'll try the trick you mentioned (smaller counters).

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: CMplayer ]</p>

Speaking of it, is there a way to reset the counter for "hide units with checks"?

I like to go over my units several times:

- first see what it's doing right now and can do, for all units, before I go on to...

- ...then give orders to all units

- then make a last run to check if I got everything right

I'd like to see the three run supported by the "hide units with checks" mechanism.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MajorH:

>I'd like to see the three run supported by the

>"hide units with checks" mechanism.

I don't understand.<hr></blockquote>

I was just explaining the same thing again with more words. I want to visit each unit three times, and to be sure that I don't miss some I'd like to reset the status twice. I mean three runs through the units.

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: redwolf ]</p>

>is there a way to reset the counter for "hide

>units with checks"?

I have added a reset feature to v4.

In v4, if the Alt key is held down when you select the "Map/Hide Units With Checks" menu item, the "hide" flags will be cleared and reset for all units just as if a new orders phase had been started.

I don't think this merits a new menu item but I can spare a special keystroke smile.gif .

Well folks, I've been meaning to check out the demo for a while now and just did last week. Ordered the game a few minutes ago. smile.gif

Major H, I have to tell you that TacOps is the first PC wargame I have purchased since I pre-ordered CM back in the olden days. My appetite is whetted and it looks like I'm going to have many many long nights of fun.

Thanks!

-dale