MDMP!??? You Can't Handle the MDMP1!!!!! Mod Madness on CMHQ!!!!

Guest Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KAding:

Looks excellent!!!!

One question though smile.gif

I only played the gold demo a couple of times, but the trees are seen as individual objects, right? I wonder, if you compare the 'old gfx' with the 'new mod gfx' you see that the placement of almost all trees changed?? E.g. the 3 pines next to the road have changed to one leaftree. Is this the same map?? Doesn't this influence gameplay? I don't want CC like things where you see something on the map, but it isn't really there in the game smile.gif

But then, I probably just missed something...

KAding<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually the tree graphics aren't "one-to-one" anyway. They are just a graphical representation of what the ground tile is. Buildings, however, *are* one-to-one. wink.gif

WHOOPS, Madmatt beat it to me. wink.gif

------------------

"The greatest risk...is not taking one."

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 06-07-2000).]

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MadMatt,

You and your compatriots are doing an excellent job with the mods. The additional tweaks and mods you are making will only make CM look even more impressive than it already is. The level of dedication and hard work displayed by your group and other like-minded individuals show the caliber of all those involved with the game and the community.

I think wargamers of all ages can consider themselves fortunate to be seeing a new renaissance for their favorite hobby (livelihood). This rare combination of revolutionary game-design, eager and interested designers, and a mature and highly knowledgeable CM community is truly wonderful.

Again, thanks.

Sincerely,

John Wright

john.k.wright@worldnet.att.net

Guest Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by killmore:

New forest looks kinda sparse but you guys say thats CM engine fault right?

[This message has been edited by killmore (edited 06-07-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yup, its a random roll of dice sorta thing! I could have loaded that map 5 times and seen the trees spread out 5 different ways!

"ITS ALL CHARLES'S FAULT!"

Creedo of the Beta-Tester...

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

One word: Breathtaking!

The only cool thing about living in Europe and therefore receiving the game a few weeks later, is that we can (with a little luck) start playing it with some of those weekly mods from day 1 (our day 1, that is)!

AaaaH. smile.gif

------------------

Combat Axiom 46. Do unto others, before they do unto you.

Well, it's been alluded so far that the mod pack will give alternates for terrain, vehicles, and face textures.

So I gotta come back to that set of textures I haven't heard about yet as being in the mod, but those that I'm most scrutinous over: infantry uniforms. This included in the mod pack also?

(If you might find this inquiry irritating, I'm used to your response types by now, Matt. Consider yourself "bitten" if necessary. wink.giftongue.gif )

[This message has been edited by Spook (edited 06-07-2000).]

Guest KwazyDog

Thomm, yup I agree smile.gif I need to finish her off tonight and tidy her up, and that is first on my list....

Spook, actually I think the ones in there are excellent, is there anything in particular you had in mind? smile.gif Steve did the soldier textures and he collects uniforms himself so they cant get much more authentic smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Actually the tree graphics aren't "one-to-one" anyway. They are just a graphical representation of what the ground tile is. Buildings, however, *are* one-to-one. wink.gif

WHOOPS, Madmatt beat it to me. wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait, so it doesn't matter if I am grahically 'behind' a tree? The 'cover' bonus is always the same as long as I'm on a forest tile? So the 'run-from-tree-to-tree' tactic I use is pointless? smile.gif

Thats interesting information. Thanks for the reply btw.

KAding

[This message has been edited by KAding (edited 06-07-2000).]

I REALLY want to be fair, KwazyDog, but even though BTS has strived for "authentic" infantry uniforms, the "contrast/scale" is just off to me, based on any of my prior references. For example, the US '45 seems EXTREMELY faded while the British/CW seems too dark, like as if fresh out of the factory.

I will recognize that it's a matter of subjectivity as to what one considers as "authentic" versus another, and right now, I think the overall effect isn't there for the infantry. And while the faces are better than in the beta demo, that change isn't quite enough to me either.

If you check out the uniform mods that CoolColJ had done at his site, I feel that CCJ has done a MUCH better job of rendering the uniforms (in the beta demo) while still preserving an "authentic" appearance.

You got it right KAding, the running from tree to tree is useless. Anywhere within a tree tile is considered to be just that. In it. smile.gif

However, the exact location you are in it, makes a difference. ie. the edge, or in the middle, etc.

------------------

"The greatest risk...is not taking one."

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 06-07-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

Spook,

the nice thing is you can take parts of CCJ's mod and drop in all the really cool stuff from ours. I don't believe we have looked at tweaking the uniforms and to be honest, I have no problem with them..I think they are great as they are but that doesn't mean we won't have a look but we have allot on our plate right now... wink.gif

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

actualy... It makes me jelious!! All of them Beta testers playing with the final. (job well done guys). But What I really want to do... Is take a stick and give them a short, sharp shot, so they will never do it again dig it? I mean maybe take out a knee or something. Would make me feel better, and may even open up some beta spots for CM2.

So many years from now lying in your beds. would you trade from this moment forward for just on chance! Just one chance to strike a blow for us, the unfortuante huddled masses, yearning for CM and to be free!!!

way too much coffee.

Lorak

------------------

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring

Lorak, and they say no one remembers Tonia Harding anymore smile.gif

Matt, dumb question, I presume that my using any of the graphics or sound mods will not affect compatibility with others who don't use the same mods in a PBEM game?

Thanks,

Joe

BTW, I'm VERY impressed with the new graphics, what a great job.

[This message has been edited by Joe Shaw (edited 06-11-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

Joe, You are correct I thought that same question was asked earlier in the thread, but anyway, the MOD's do not affect the other players system AT ALL and one guy can have them and the other guy will still play just fine. Although I think once you see them that you will probably want them for yourselves.

wink.gif

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex