Favorite CM Battle

Definetly Last Defense!!!

Wow..That was the scenario that hooked me on CM. I still remember watching in awe as my 'zook took out it's 5th armored vehicle of the day. If you haven't played it do so now!!

Also I love TeAcH's scenario that remakes CC2 Schijndel Road. It's available from my site. It's great fun to play!

------------------

And if we abandon any platform, I can assure you it will not be the Macintosh.

-Steve

My website!

Hmmm....

I'd have to second First Clash at Cambes...

I have alot of favorites,though.Many thanks to all the hard workin' scenario designers!

Guest Rommel22

Well, I got a say Fear in the fog.

Damn that scnerio rocks too.

try mine.

"A nice day in the mansion"

contact me and I'll send it to you.

Please play test it for me. Tell me what you think.

Rommel21@earthlink.net

------------------

From the Das Reich book as said by a German soldier

"when the Russians reached us, we opened fire, the first wave had no weapons.

The second wave didn't either (fire fodder). The 3rd and 4th had weapons and opened fire on us.

By this time we were low on ammo, but we drove them back."

Guest Silesian-jaeger

Operation Carentan, even though the AI was not agressive enough for me!

------------------

"In one (German) town, Private Honey stood next to an

elderly German man and a ten-year-old boy. As the Shermans and brand-new

Pershings rumbled by the boy said,'Deutsches Panzer lind besser.' Honey

looked down at him and asked,'If

German tanks are better,

why aren't they here?' "

quote from Stephen E. Ambrose, "Citizen Soldiers"

[This message has been edited by Silesian-jaeger (edited 08-23-2000).]

This is tough, trying to decide if my favorite missions were due to the inherent satisfaction of bashing difficult players or the obstacles the map offered. As I've yet to play the same scenario twice many won't be given fair consideration.

Anyways, I really enjoyed the "All or Nothing" map. It was long and grueling and in the end extreemely satisfying.

The operation "Team Desobry" which I've only just started has a beautiful map and looks to be fun as well.

Props to TeAcH for recreating Schijndel Road, going to have to check that out smile.gif

My vote goes to All or Nothing as well.

If you want to experience logistics problems and good actions across a long period of time (long compared to other scenerio's) this game is for you. You must exercise patience and be very disciplined with use of your assets in this mammoth game. A very rewarding game at the end of the line.

Just my two pennies worth.

GI Tom

------------------

To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of wierd sandwich.

If frequency of play is an indication, it has to be the Wittmann scenario Viller-Bocage (forgot the title -Tigers something or other...). I must have played it about 20 times -and lost evry time with my five games so far with 1.04... redface.gif

All or Nothing and Fear in the Fog are are also very good, the first because it is a massive scenario with well-spaced challenges and nary a dull moment (despite too much micro-management to keep convoys on the road mad.gif ), the second because it helped my low blood pressure to rise through the roof eek.gif

Henri

[This message has been edited by Henri (edited 08-23-2000).]