Just in time for TCP/IP - new interface mod ready!

Hi folks,

First, I'm glad initial reaction is good, so thanks everybody. As a matter of fact, I think it looks great too, and I made the damm thing! smile.gif Not that there isn't room for improvement, heheh. But I too am really happy with my work.

Well, I just got my ass trounced in my first TCP/IP game, and I noticed another issue. In-game messages are yellow and hard to read as well. So I suggest you take Madmatt's advice and install the "30002 B&W.bmp" file that I included with this release. Full instructions are in the readme that came with the mod.

Enjoy!

DeanCo--

Deanco get over here so I can pat you on the back! Outstanding job! I did take your advice and install the replacement B&W file and things look great.

Please...please...keep up the good work!

aka_tom_w

I wish I had more time to keep up on all the events that happen in here. Your screen shots are absolutely beautiful. So, to be short... I want my game to look exactly like yours! I just downloaded deanco's execellent interface, so could you tell me where exactly to get the other mods?

Thanks

GreasyPig

[This message has been edited by GreasyPig (edited 11-29-2000).]

[This message has been edited by GreasyPig (edited 11-29-2000).]

Nice work. smile.gif

I don't think it needs the BTS logo. We all know who made the game. smile.gif

And I don't like any kind of company names, ads or other commercial

references inside my games. At the title screen, fine, but not in the game.

I come from the school of thought that says that a game should be a world

unto itself, with no references to the real world that would in any way

disrupt the suspension of disbelief. Company logos definitely fall into

that category.

Gonna have to go along with Lee here, Tiger. In fact that was my very first mod ever, pouring black all over the BTS logo. smile.gif Now, I don't have to tell you how much I admire and respect the work those guys have done. But I personally don't want to constantly look at 2 big company logos when I'm playing a game, any game.

However, having said that...I DID sign this mod. smile.gif If you squint and look real hard at the panels you'll see it. So...you gave me an idea, Tiger. Stay tuned.

DeanCo--

I may be the only one, but I had to uninstall your mod right away. The reason? The fonts were too small and too dark. The original fonts are much easier to read. Also the texts "Knocked Out" and "Abandoned" are too dim. It may be just my eyes...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GreasyPig:

aka_tom_w

I wish I had more time to keep up on all the events that happen in here. Your screen shots are absolutely beautiful. So, to be short... I want my game to look exactly like yours! I just downloaded deanco's execellent interface, so could you tell me where exactly to get the other mods?

Thanks

GreasyPig<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK

Its hard to remember them all.

I have Tiger's Water

I'm pretty sure they are all Gunslinger's Tree's and Terrain.

The Buildings are Some from Panzertruppen, some from Mangua, and Some from Gunslinger.

Kump's great Web site helps you see which is which and what looks good compared to what.

I have tweaked and edited my mods right down to the individual building, to get some that look like Barns and some that have textures from two different mod makers.

Mostly its like this:

Water and Vehciles by Tiger

Trees and Terrain by Gunslinger

Buildings by Magua PanzerTrupeen and Gunslinger

and Pavement special brown texture, by some one I can't remember (sorry).

try Kump's site

http://www.gkump.com/cm/

and There are even WAY more Mods at MadMatt's CMHQ

hope that helps

-tom w

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by deanco:

Boing!

DeanCo--<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are going to hate me for this, but I am pretty sure that Obg. Steuben in Tom's screenshots is in fact Unteroffizier Steuben, according to his shoulder patch biggrin.gif.

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 11-30-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spook:

In case you might have been wondering earlier, Deanco, I will try to see that this mod of yours gets some writeup and a screenshot amongst the others in the "mods" article I'm putting together for CGO.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh, so you're the one they picked...i forgot about that post that other guy put up about it. be sure to post the article here when it's printed!

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Olle Petersson:

I downloaded the interface and installed it, only to realise that it screws up when using 640x480 pixel resolution. frown.gif

The info added on the outsides of the original infobar area will look gobbled and interfere with the othes textures.

Deanco, please make a note about this on your site.

Cheers

Olle<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Ollie,

That's a new one on me. I played in 640 last night, and I had no sidepanels at all, and no issues whatsoever. i think the dinky sidepanels are for 960x720 or whatever.

I will look again at this but can you send me a screenshot, please, to deanco@cybercable.fr Thanks.

------------------

DeanCo--

CM interface mods: http://mapage.cybercable.fr/deanco/

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Olle Petersson:

... it screws up when using 640x480 pixel resolution.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Sorry, I was crying Wolf. redface.gif

My computer was temorarily generally screwed up at the time for some reason, and the "cut" look of the files 11112 - 11114 added to my confusion.

I now use this interface without problem, but have edited the textures above more to my liking.

Cheers

Olle