Battle Report- Surrendered

Operation Venom: First game of James H. Barry’s small meta game.

20 turns, Wehmacht, med. Quality, 800 points, Weather clear, farmland, day, mod trees and of course full FOW

Turn 1, the battle begins with PSW234/1 and a halftrack exchange fire. The PSW234/1 knocks out the halftrack. The PSW234/1 then begins to exchange fire with a Hellcat. Big mistake. The PSW234/1 goes up in smoke.

Turn 6, the battle does not go well for me. Lost my only STG3, 1 50mm AT gun and 1 105 howz. Plus I made the mistake of placing my 1 AT team in the wrong spot. Now I have to try and sneak him over. **** my men are dying everywhere.

Turn 10, it seems as if the amis are falling out of the sky. There are so many. To my left flank I have a platoon lead by Lt. Peric in hiding. Advancing on them are 2 Amis platoons and 4 halftracks. In my center area the Amis have dropped heavy smoke and are advancing. My boys are dying while the furor sits in his nice warm house having coffee with his whore.

Turn 14, Lt. Peric has been killed. His platoon has ether been killed or captured. The men forth bravely against overwhelming odds inflicting many casualties. With 6 turns to go there is no way I can win. To many Amis are still in the field. My 1 AT is trying to get a shot at that Hellcat.

Turn 15. For the first time in my war game life I have surrendered to the AI. The following are the final stats:

Allied Attacker:

115 casualties (28) KIA

2 Mortars knocked out

2 veh. Knocked out

Men ok 280

Score 80

Axis Defender:

78 casualties (20) KIA

56 captured

2 guns destroyed

2 veh. Knocked out

Men ok 0

Score 20

Axis surrender, Allied major victory

sniperscope

I'm in the same campaign as a fellow German commander. My battle ended all most the same way. I took 93 casualties (22 KIA) 3 vehicles knocked out, 34 men OK and 12 captured.

The Allies took 100 casualties (32 KIA) 1 vehicle knocked out and 278 Men OK.

Needless to say, I had to give up some ground to stay alive. Hopefully things aren't this bad all over.

It sounds as if all of you have been facing assaults plus additional major advantages to the allies in manpower? If the manpower and equipment advantages are so numerically superior for the allies, are at least the quality of the men superior for the Germans, at least to make the gameplay a little more balanced?

------------------

CrapGame out

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CrapGame:

It sounds as if all of you have been facing assaults plus additional major advantages to the allies in manpower? If the manpower and equipment advantages are so numerically superior for the allies, are at least the quality of the men superior for the Germans, at least to make the gameplay a little more balanced?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing major, assault and +10% for the attacker. It gives them some 1800 points vs 800 smile.gif

And no, everyone was regular. Time was on our side, they had "only" 20 turns to advance.

fd ski - What is WB? A flight sim? Unfortunately, no I don't. My current PC is not nearly fast enough to play a decent flight sim anymore. What little free time I have at my PC is usually absorbed by this damn game.

Jarmo, So their goal was to capture the VL's? How is the 10% advantage calculated? I mean, Assault gets double the defender, right, so thats 800 X 2 = 1600, plus 10% of the 1600? or 10% of the original 800? Anyway, were the scenarios e-mailed to you? Sounds like good fun. Keep the reports coming.

------------------

CrapGame out

To all who read this topic: I cannot express just how much fun this meta game system is. The game puts the additional presure (if you play honestly) on you at the tactical level. Setup is everything. A day later I am still thinking about what could of, should of etc.etc I have done. This game is tops.

I am now awaiting orders for my next battle.

sniperscope

sniper, I for one am very happy about the outcome of your game as I represent the Americans...I heard heard about a couple german slaughters and I think I may play the German set up later today to see how lopsided it is. From the AARs that are rolling in it seems much of the battle hinged on what was purchased even more perhaps than tactics.

Also, I am assuming everyone is playing honestly because all the fun is taken out of it if someone cheats.

I can't wait to do it TCP/IP.

------------------

"To conquer death you only have to die" JC

Cpt Elvis,

Congratulation...

biggrin.gif

I had an Allied Major Victory too at Turn 14.

To be HONEST, and after reading your AARs, I was pretty much certain I would be Sniperscoped by the AI.

Had a full 10 turns of HELL.

I had been saved by a M8HMC and a Greyhound.

Boy that one was close, but once Hauptmann AI was armor-less and gun-less it was just a matter of mopping up the map.

As you said Sniper, the element of being a part of a whole and the willingness to play like a "gentleman" sure put some pressure on your shoulders.

Since I have CM, it was the longest 14 turns I've played.

Cpt Vie.

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sniperscope:

Setup is everything. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As a German Commander i lucked out with the AI's choice, It opted for a gazillion infantry. With no armour and 10% bonus to boot. ( I verified parameters too) And then AI pulled WWI Verdun/Somme tactics. Straight charge into ahemn dare I say it an excellent defensive arrangement of arty, MG's and entrenched infantry with overlapping fields Terrain was over an open field. A slaughter resulted. Axis 12 casualties, 3 KIA, Allies 223 (52KIA) score 91 to 3.

I was lucky, but it was FUN

[This message has been edited by jdmorse (edited 07-11-2000).]