How are Battlefront.com games shipped?

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Just wondering. I just received a copy of Sid Meier's Antietam! and it was in a thin, plastic clamshell package with a CD and a manual clipped into the inside of the front cover. Funny thing though, the clamshell looked beat to death. The top of it was all shredded, but it came in a cardboard shipper.

Is this how Battlefront.com games are shipped? And what delivery service is used? Standard Federal Mail, Fed Ex, or UPS type services?

[This message has been edited by Ol' Blood & Guts (edited 02-10-2000).]

oooh... GOOD question. If it's in anything that looks like it MIGHT fight into a mailbox, my wonderful postman will do me a FAVOUR and MAKE SURE it fits in there, and then I'm screwed.

------------------

Floreat Jerboa !

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Oh, Com'on people! I want a serious answer! I mean hasn't anybody ordered any other Battlefront.com game like Flight Commander 2.0 or something.

I just got a copy of 'TacOps 3' (which everyone should buy if they haven't before... heck, buy it again even if you did before so the Major has enough money to develop 'TacOps II'). smile.gif

Anyway, the CD came in a slipcover, in a paperboard envelope, which was in a padded mailing envelope. It was in fine condition; no mauling evident.

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Thanks davidh,

That's all I wanted.

Jeez! What does one have to do the exorcise the demons of high school mindset in some people?

In the meantime I'm gonna go watch the NASA channel and watch live broadcasts of the Space Shuttle Endeavor's flight.

BYW all, this shuttle mission is to map the Earth in the most accurate 3D yet! Could be used to create scenario maps!

>BYW all, this shuttle mission is to map the

>Earth in the most accurate 3D yet! Could be

>used to create scenario maps!

I will be surprised if much of that material gets released to the public. Highly accurate 3D mapping is the foundation for hi-tech weapons guidance technology.

------------------

Best regards, Major H

majorh@mac.com

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MajorH:

>BYW all, this shuttle mission is to map the

>Earth in the most accurate 3D yet! Could be

>used to create scenario maps!

I will be surprised if much of that material gets released to the public. Highly accurate 3D mapping is the foundation for hi-tech weapons guidance technology.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The press puffery would seem to indicate that the data will be made available to environmentalists and the like. As for security issues, this is the Clinton administration we're talking about rolleyes.gif

Ethan